Agents of Valor: The Mission

"Looks like you failed your mission, agent." A man said as he pointed a gun towards a downed Jason. "You thought that it would have been easy to get what you came for?"

"Was pretty much counting on it not being easy but..." He started as he propped himself up on a wall; bits of blood dripping from his face. "I'm going to finish the mission."

The man readied the gun trained on Jason. "The mission is over, you lose."

Bang!

A gunshot went off.

5 Hours Earlier

"Agents, your mission is quite simple." Miranda said as she pointed to the blue illuminated screen. "Search and retrieval. There's a special package that is on this offshore military site. One that we would most likely hope you can acquire."

"May I ask what the package is or is that classified?" Xyra asked.

"The package is a science professor who has been kidnapped because of a theory he developed." Miranda voiced as his credentials and other information came up on the screen. "The professor has a wife and a daughter. I've sent Agent Rollins to look after them."

"Understood." Xyra said as she looked at the screen once more.

"I've got just the thing you will need for this mission." Diaz smiled. "Trust me."

"Good." Jason smiled. "What does the loadout look like?"

As they walked over to the loadout table, it began to open up and expand. Inside were different types of weaponry and pockets in which each one sat perfectly.

"We're looking at FN Five Sevens, Flash bangs, and a melee weapon of your choice." Diaz smirked. "It is simple, yet, good enough to cause some hurt."

"Alright, gear up and let's move out." Miranda said. "Wheels up in 5 on a Personnel Transport Chopper."

"Got it." Both Agents said as they reviewed different melee choices.

"I think this taser would do lovely." Xyra smiled as she equipped the taser to her belt.

"So that's how you're going?" Jason chuckled. "I guess they'll be tased. I'm going with something more along the line of these escrima sticks."

"What do you plan to do, give them the opportunity to fight back?"

"Xy, I can handle them." I assured. "I spent some time at the academy practicing with dual melees."

The two discussed their plans as they boarded a PTC that sat in the hanger.

As the chopper got airborne, Jason could see the distaste for this type of travel on his partner's face.

"I thought it was only planes that made you feel this way." Jason stated.

Xyra held her mouth as if she was about to throw up. After a few moments of nothing, she sat completely back and looked at Jason. "No, all types of air traveling."

"You never did tell me what it is about flying that causes this."

"Agent Blaze, she just really doesn't like how flying makes her feel." The director said from the cockpit. "Leave it at that."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Focus on your plan on getting the package to the exfil safely." Miranda advised.

After the flight, they waited a few minutes which gave Xyra time to catch herself.

"I'm ready to move in." She weakly voiced.

"We can wait a little longer." Jason replied.

After fifteen minutes, Xyra was back to a stable state. She grabbed her gear and readied herself to move in. "I'm ready."