niall

School was hard without Harry by my side. I walked in with Louis and everyone took note that Harry wasn't walking protectively by my side.

They knew that without Harry I was helpless. Plus, Louis wasn't exactly the protector type.

No one in this school has ever hit me. Mostly because they knew Harry would be after them, and this was even before the letters and our relationship. But with Harry on police watch, he had to try his best to stay out of trouble.

"What? Your bodyguard had to take a day off?"

A couple people laughed at Zayn's remark. I for one, was not. Neither was Louis, who was slowly shrinking.

"Listen Zayn, will ya just back the hell off?"

These are the times when I wish I could give Zayn a piece of my mind.

"Once you and your gay ass queers leave this school, consider myself backed off." he snickered, acting like it was the best remark he's ever made.

I rolled my eyes and moved forward toward the classroom, shoving Zayn roughly out of the way.

I heard people jeer as I walked away, not caring about how Zayn was going to retaliate. Louis walked up next to me and patted my back.

"You're something else Niall."

I nodded and Zayn was on my back right after.

"You don't push me queer!"

The punch to my gut took the wind out of me. I fell face first to the ground before another kick to my stomach was placed. I was picked up by the collar and punched in the face six or seven times.

Before I passed out I remembered hearing Louis screaming at Zayn to stop, and then an ear-piercing crack.

dedicated to: mads_is_da_craic