Chapter 4

"There are people inside." Ink mumbled. "And they don't sound good.."

"As usual." Dream scoffed.

"No, this is different." Ink asserted. "They sound like they have been damaged somehow.." Ink's hand started shaking, but he tried to hide it. He didn't want to look scared.

"Open the door, dammit." Dream urged. Ink nodded quickly and pulled open the over-sized doors. Even after Ink let go, they kept slowly opening until they stopped with an ear-piercing clicking sound. Dream flinched looking at what he saw inside, and Ink almost passed out. His eyes were no longer the assorted colors and shapes, they where just the white, feeling-less dots.

SF was being hung by his hands, dripping blood from his skull, hands, and and ribs. They slid down his body, until finally reaching his toes, and the crimson blood dripped onto the floor. Next to him was Dust, passed out on the floor. Glitched out, black bones were stuck in his back, and he was passed out in a 'duck and cover' position.

Dream ran up to the two of them. They where in-fact breathing. That was good. SF shakily looked up at Dream, who had left Ink behind to break down.

"O-Oh... oh my god, what happened!!" Dream yelled, checking his HP. He was at 48/850. He quickly checked Dust's, who's was at .003/1.2.

Dream looked back, and was going to cram in a question, before noticing Ink was no longer in the place he was before. Dream looked around, assuming Ink chickened out, but then noticed Ink was leaned over in the corner of the bar.

"Ink!" Dream yelled over to his direction, "Get over here! I need help!"

Ink looked over at Dream and nodded. He looked back at whatever had caught his attention in the first place, and turned back around once more, this time with another damaged soul in his possession.

"C-Cross..!" Dream almost screamed, running over to him and Ink.

"A-Are you hurt..?! Oh god please tell me at least your ok!" Dream bellowed. Cross coughed a small, weak cough before responding,

"Y-Yeah.." He looked away, his eyes dimming to the empty black void.

"So.. t-that's what happened to the... the r-rest of them.." He chocked on his words, holding back as many of the tears as he could, a few slipping free down his cheekbone every few seconds. Cross' face looked traumatized.

"Ink.. you can heal.. right?" Ink nodded and walked over to SF and Dust, handing Cross to Dream. Dream blushed lightly, but it wasn't enough to be able to see. Grabbing his paintbrush, he lightly splashed green paint on them all.

"H-Heal.." Ink quietly demanded. Suddenly, the paint glowed, the green giving off some sort of effect, almost like the petals of a newly sprouted spring flower.

In Ink's state of traumatization caused his magic to be a little weaker than usual, which was strange for Ink. He usually is extremely powerful, even in this state.

Swapfell healed back to 300/850, and Dust healed fully, since his HP level was really low.

Dust didn't wake, even though fully healed. He was probably still exhausted. SF moaned a little, though he didn't have the full energy to look up at Ink or the others.