Feliz

Scar's eyes flashed open. What a relief to wake up on a hospital bed and recognize all the floating heads above her. She parted her lips for air, raising everyone's expectations for words.

Pete checks to see if her infusion was working.

"He...didn't show up..." she manages, her lips stretched out into an unwilling smile.

"He said he would...to the live show..."

"What? Scar, fuck him! That just shows how much he cares about you." Pete exclaims.

"I don't...I don't want to leave without saying...goodbye."

"What's going on?" Jones pulls Pete back.

"Our father. Scar told me he promised to see her at the band battle."

"Scar, really?" Rox asks in disbelief, "I thought you were over that."

"I wanted to see him..."

"We didn't leave on...perfect terms." Pete explains. "I should probably call him..."

"Anything else you might need, dear?" Jones asks.

"I'm a fucking vegetable!" she uses all her strength to say, lifting her arms and letting them drop aimlessly above the tacky blanket covering her, jerking her infusion stand on the squeaky floor. "Throw me into a pot of boiling water why don't you!" She didn't even have the energy to move her head, so she cursed at the ceiling instead.

"So...a cup of tea then?" Theme suggests.

"You always take everything so fucking literally!" Rox snaps, "What is up with that? No one asks for your literal interpretations. Why are you even here? You're not even that close to her!" Theme lifts a hand up to her face in fear that she might go as far as hitting her.

"I'm sorry..." she hiccups, exiting the room promptly. Scar glares at Rox, and for some reason, it had more impact than being kicked in the chest. It had something to do with the weight of guilt. She remembers her phone call with Jenny, and looks at the door but doesn't see Theme. "Jenny told us not to leave..."

"We're putting way too much of our frustrations on her. I think it's best to let her rest." Jones decides, "I'll go talk to Theme. Pete, ask if they'll rent us a room at the hospital."