Method to the Madness

Odessia throws Janine's useless soul carcass to the couch, her burning breath caught by the old pillows, enveloped by the dust. She coughs back to life.

"Why didn't you obey?!" Odessia screeches, her threats feeling emptier due to her exhaustion.

"Are you crazy? You could have gotten us both killed for doing that. Our powers are too strong combined for you to control on your own."

"You know squat about what kinds of powers I can control." Odessia forgot about the old age she died at; she got lied to by her youthful energy. She holds on to her knees to catch her breath. "I'm taking you back out there, you know."

"No way you will do such a thing."

"I can't believe how stupid I was to fall for the fact that I could ever be a better manipulator than the queen of them herself! You were never crazy. This whole scheme of your so-called 'psychological torture' was to stall me and to save yourself from killing your daughters. And what, you'd think that the most pathetic of angels would guard them after immediately picking up your subtle hints? You're forgetting who I am, Janine. I am far smarter than you think, and now that we are both on the same plane, I can finally give you a taste of your own betrayal."
"You could have saved all this time and just threatened me." Janine scoffs, putting her hand out to express just how matter-of-factly her point was, "I might have resisted less."

"Of course you'd say that. But even whenever you're good intentioned, you always pay a price. Think about how many things you've done in my favor!"

"I've proved that you can still trust me." she smirks.

"As if." Odessia mutters through gritted teeth. "I'm taking you back out there. And you are going to force the baby out of Scar prematurely."

"Prematurely? Eight months early, Odessia. It doesn't work like that."

"No one said the baby had to be..." now with her undivided attention, Odessia reaches up to her forehead and removes her hair out of the way, rubbing at her patient third eye again. The light attracted more than it would a moth. "Alive." she blew the word like a kiss into Janine's dropped jaw. She trots over, waving a hand in front of her face, then shaking her by her shoulders. She cackles at her creation.

"Now, Janine..." she brings a finger to her chin to ignite a maleficent thought, "Hit yourself." Janine's arm lifts itself above her lap like a limp puppy, arches back and curls into a beautiful fist, nailing herself right in her lip. Odessia scoops up the blood with her finger, licking it off like strawberry jam. "Very well..." she took a seat next to her, and poured smooth tea into the tea cup Janine got further with setting up for herself a while ago. The tea had gone cold, and Odessia sipped it like water; cooling her innards but not the acidic fury within her.