Chapter 16

One morning, later during the week, after my daily jogging, I had my bath, making sure to lock my windows and the door not wanting what happened the last time to repeat itself. I was wearing a red sweater and faded jeans with my converse.

Looking at the time, I decided to skip breakfast and get something on the way. Stepping out of the house and locking the door behind me.

I got into my car and started the ignition. But the car refused to start, I tried starting the car again but it won't start.

I came down and open the bonnet of the car even though I knew nothing about how to fix a car. I just stood there staring at the entangling of wires and devices.

I filled the carburator with water and tried to start the car but it won't budge.

Frustrated, I slammed the bonnet and stalked off deciding to take the bus.

Minutes later.

Suddenly I heard a horn and almost jumped out of my skin at how loud it was, hearing it again I realised it was the car beside me that was horning.

I turned to see Dylan smiling at me.

"Morning, sunshine " he greeted.

"Hello " I said after calming my racing heart.

"Walking to school " he asked.

"Yeah, something like that " I replied holding my bag .

"Hop in" he winked.

"Uh..h " I stuttered.

"Gee, I said hop in, I'm also going to school so why not give you a ride ?" He replied raising an eyebrow.

" oh " was the only the I could say at that moment.

My mind was wandering all over the place when I got into his car. The car smelt so nice or was it him ?

I couldn't think straight, I turned to look at him.

"Thanks " I muttered taking in his profile,well more of staring at him . His hair was ruffled by the air blowing into the car.

"Staring isn't ladylike, is it ?" Dylan asked glancing at me for a sec.

Shit.

I immediately looked away, winding down the glass to let the breeze blow my face and reduce the blood rushing to my cheeks.

I did my best to avoid looking at Dylan or well staring at him but still I couldn't stop myself from taking a few glance once in a while.

And I keep blushing each time he catches me, wishing we would get to school soon.

Wait....what ? ..... get to school ?

Oh No.

Dylan can't drop me off at school, those girls will eat my head off. Besides I don't want anybody disturbing me.

Think, think, think.

Wendy think, I scolded myself.

Then I realised we were already few blocks away from school.

"Umm....stop there " I said pointing randomly when I sight this coffee shop where Kate and I sometimes eat after school.

"Why ?" He asked as he slowed down the car and finally came to a stop in front of the shop.

"I...I ...I need to get eh ...eh breakfast " I jumbled removing the seatbelt.

"Uh..ok, I'll just wait for you " he replied looking.

"Nn..noo" I panicked.

He can't wait for me.

Oh my God.

What should I do ?

"You can't wait for me, I eh, erh will be wasting your time" I continued.

"Of course not" he replied smiling and I would have swooned if I was of panic striken.

"Don't you have to meet the guys or something ?" I asked desperately.

"Oh shit, yes! " he cursed as he snapped his hands.

Good

"Ok then see ya" I said happily getting down from the car.

"Bye, see ya" he replied waving at me before driving off.

Phew.

That was a close one, I thought.

I adjusted my bag and entered the shop, placed my order of a cup of coffee and toast.

Yeah, I know I take them a lot but what can a girl do.

I feel its the easiest thing to order.

I finally settled down to have my breakfast in one of the very plush chairs.

I sent Kate and Suzy a text that I would be on school in a few more minutes but first, I would have my nice breakfast.
Sitting down there and enjoying the sweetness of the coffee, I took a few pictures of my breakfast to annoy Kate since she was disturbing me.

Then I sent it to her, with an under note saying.

"There's no better way to treat yourself than a lovely breakfast taking at ease without hurry ."

I had no choice but to laugh out loud when Kate replied withan angry and a fuming emoji.

I received some looks from people telling me to be quiet.

Gee, isn't someone allowed to be happy again ?

Ignoring them, I packed my stuffs, paid for my food and exited the shop.

Three minutes later, I was in the school premises. On getting to my locker I couldn't find Kate and Suzy .

And yet they were the ones hurrying me up And they are not here.

Huffing , I brought out my phone and texted them that I was around already.

Later they came walking towards me laughing thier heads off.

"So what's going on ?" I asked leaning on my locker.

Tnx for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.