Chapter 20.

"So...." he started.

"So ?" I replied reminding myself how to breathe.

"So we are not done, are we ?"he asked amused.

"Huh ?" I clearly didn't understand as I was trying to breath.

Done ?

Done with what ?

"With the our discussion " he answered as if he could read my mind.

"Oh " I walked to my bed and sitting on it facing his direction.

"Ain't we ?" I replied with a question.

"Course not, you've not told me why you were avoiding me ?" he said staring pointedly at me.

" I wasn't...." I tried to deny.

"@Don't lie to me " he said sternly, making shivers run down my spines.

Oops.

Oh God ! What have I gotten myself into ?

"Well... " I began biting my lips and he smirked.

"I had these meetings last week and ..."

"Everyday ?" He interrupted.

Shit.

I knew I couldn't lie to him, not with that look.

Or could I ?

"Ummm... no" I answered not bothering to.

"And at school ?" He questioned.

" What ?" I pretended not to understand.

That was supposed to go unnoticed. Apparently, it didn't.

"You know what I mean " he replied not once taking his eyes off me.

"Do I ?" I gazed at him, willing for him to drop the topic.

But no, he wasn't having it.

"Do you ?" He asked walking over and stopping right in front of me.

My breath hitched in my throat.

"Do.you ?" He asked squatting so that we were at eye level.

I shivered and it was definitely not because of cold, cause the room was freaking hot.

"Do you ?" He asked for the third time obviously wanting an answer.

And it felt like I had better started talking if I ever wanted to see the daylight again.

"I do " I blurted biting down on my lips and his smirk was back again.

"Good " he replied standing back to his full length and I released the breath I was holding.

Damn.

I could hear my heartbeat loud and clear, actually too loud. He probably heard it too.

"So why ?" He continued his interrogation.

I should have seized that opportunity to throw him out earlier, I thought to myself.

Surprisingly, I didn't say that out.

"I just didn't want the attention " I replied honestly.

"What ?" He sounded shocked and definitely looked it.

I shrugged trying to not think of what he thought of me.

"Think of it like this "I said trying to explain myself wondering if he would listen.

He probably wouldn't, thinking I'm a loser or something like that.

He sat down beside me and gazed at me with utmost curiosity. He looked so curious to hear what I had to say and I was surprised.

You could be daydreaming for all you know, I said to myself.

He smiled at me and I mean an actual smile. Not the smirk he's being wearing all night.

I smiled back even though in my mind, I was squealing and jumping.

I tried to be calm, I seriously tried.

Keyword : tried.

He gestured for me to go on, so I gave up on calming myself and started explaining.

"You remember me telling you that my brother was popular and all, technically he still is. But, I had just gotten into high school and had so many friends, too many of them." I said as I played with my fingers.

"God, I was so naive and couldn't differentiate between fake and real friends, I am so lucky to have Kate "I said smiling.

"Yeah, she pretty nice" he stated.

"She's more than nice, she's fucking awesome" I blurted before I could filter my words.

"Wow... she must really mean a lot to you, I've never seen you swear. C'mon I've known you for a couple of weeks and you've never made the mistake of swearing. " he sais amusement dancing in his eyes.

While I blushed so hard I could be a tomato.

"Well, it turns out I was only part of the popular crowd because of my brother, 75% of my so called friends always wanted something to do with my brother." I mentally grimaced at the memory.

"I really miss Luke "I sighed.

"He was always looking out for me. I basically had no worries " I glanced at Dylan and he was staring at me, I blushed and continued.

"Though, I didn't attend parties except they were thrown by my brother yet they wanted to befriend me and were so nice to me " I droned on.

"Then he left and so did they, I stopped getting invitations to parties I wouldn't attend anyways, some showed their actual behaviour, others just stopped interacting with me." I said tensing from the memory.

"And then the worst part, those that stayed back, turns out they were waiting around to see how miserable I was " I shuddered.

I had felt like an outcast.

Then I felt it, his arm around my body pulling me into a hug. It took sometime but I finally reacted, returning the hug and leaning into him.

Inhaling his ever so nice scent, I felt my muscles relax, relieving me of the tension that had taken over me.

"Thank you "I whispered.

"Don't sweat it "he replied smirking, I didn't see it but I felt it and that made me smile.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Yay !!!

Hey guys.
How are you all doing ?
What do you think ? Should I write Dylan's POV ?
Just let me know......