Chapter 17

The bell rang the moment I asked the question. We all piled into the class as we were all having calculus first.

"You totally missed " Kate said smiling.

"Yh, Ryan pulled one big prank on this fierce looking teacher, it was damn hilarious " Suzy laughed.

The teacher entered so we had to stop chatting and immediately sat up straight.

Just as the teacher started teaching, Ryan walked into the class with some other jocks laughing their heads off.

I bet it was all about the prank. He waved in our direction, sending attention to us along with the wave.

Walking to the back of the class ignoring the teacher's complaint, which were pointless anyways.

Since Ryan would always come to class late no matter how early he arrives at school.

At economics class, I seemed to be the only one lost in the joke because it turned out that the fierce looking teacher was my economics teacher, Mr Adam.

And no one dared to mess with him besides the students secretly called him 'hulk'.

The class was pindrop silence and he was ready to bounce anyone who as much as breathed out loud.

That was until Hilary decided to ask him if he was economizing on his shoes.

I then realized that Mr Adam wasn't wearing his usual loafers or the alternative sandal but he had on this pair of beat up boots.

Which was quite odd since he was wearing an official attire and looked real funny in those boots, not to forget he had on two different socks.

The whole class burst into a fit of laughter throwing his fierce steely look into the dustbin as if it hadn't stopped us from misbehaving all day.

He turned around , his face getting red by each passing moment, just when he looked like he couldn't get any redder.

He made to talk and the class hushed all at once, ready to receive the punishment of our dear lives as we all knew he wouldn't spare us.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" the bell rang at last minute saving us all from Mr Adam's wrath.

Everyone immediately sprouted out of the class laughing our heads off.

••••••••••

At lunch we all sat down at the table chatting away, when I asked Maggie if she was around when the Ace arrived in the morning.

"Yeah, I was " she replied smoothly and instinctively turned to Suzy and Katie who were arguing with her twin.

"That reminds me, what the hell Kate ? You didn't tell me you had found your way up the ladder."

"What ?" Kate said abruptly, stopping their argument.

"That's true " Max blurted, folding his hands and looking at Kate and Suzy with suspicious eyes.

I clearly didn't understand what was going on, well I haven't understood a single thing since I walked into school this morning.

Apparently, I wasn't the only lost soul since Suzy was also not understanding.

"I don't understand " she voiced out.

"Well then, explain why you and Kate were talking to the popular crowd this morning " Max said squinting his eyes at her.

"Oh ..." Kate said her mouth forming an "o".

"Huh uh.. and they were not just talking, they were actually chatting and joking With. The. Ace." Maggie said stressing the last words.