13- Looks Like We're Headed For Australia!

*****************Kyle’s POV*********************

~*TWO YEARS AGO*~

I was sitting in my living room, talking to Tony on the phone. I had just gone through another break-up and we were talking about what we wanted to do that weekend. Tony always thought I was heartbroken over them, but I wasn’t. I just wanted Carly. We planned to go to the movies. “Dad, please, don’t, dad!” I heard Carly scream in the background. My heart started racing at the sound of her voice and a sharp pain went through my chest knowing that he was hurting her and there was nothing I could do.

“Dude, I got to go. I’ll call you later. Let you know she’s okay.” He understood that I wanted to know how Carly was doing. He hung up, and I got up off the couch. I walked into the kitchen, seeing John, our butler, in there. My parents both worked for some major company and they were millionaires. They weren’t home very often though. So I had John, I talked to him, and he knew all about Carly and Tony’s dad and his problems. I sat down at the breakfast counter, as he did the dishes.

“Keep me distracted?” I asked. He knew that meant I just had to hang up with Tony because Carly was being beaten. He made me a sandwich, which I couldn’t eat because I was upset. Then we played cards at the counter for a while. I heard the door close and knew my parents were home. They came into the kitchen, setting their bags down at the dining room table. “Hi ma, dad.” I said politely.

“Hi honey, we need to talk to you. Can you come out into the den for a while?” Mom asked me. I nodded, grabbing the phone and getting up, following them out into the den. We all sat down, me in a chair and they sat on the loveseat next to each other. “Okay, well let’s just jump to the point. Me and your father, we got transferred. So, we’re moving. To Australia.”

“WHAT?! I can’t!” I screamed.

“Why not?” Dad asked.

“Honey, you’ll make new friends! Also, you won’t even have to learn another language. It’s not like its Japan or anything.” Mom said.

“No, you guys don’t understand. Carly needs me.” I said.

“Some girl? There will be plenty of girls in Australia. Girls at the beach.” Dad said.

“Her dad, he, beats her, he rapes her. Tony can’t do anything, and if we call the cops he might kill her. So she needs me and Tony to be there for her.” I said in a rush.

“Well she has her brother. That should be good enough.” Mom said.

“But you guys don’t understand. I’m in l-” just then the phone rang. I reached for it.

“Don’t answer that. We are talking to you.” I ignored them, answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Help.” That was all Tony said before he hung up. My parents must have seen the look on their face because the ‘bratty little kid’ look went away from their faces. I jumped up.

I grabbed my keys, running out the door. I drove over to Carly and Tony’s house as fast as I could. I pulled in the driveway. Their dad’s car was gone. He’s probably at a bar. I turned off the car, running into the house.

“Tony!” I yelled. I heard him yell, and followed his voice. I ran upstairs, into Carly’s room. What I saw broke my heart. She was lying on her bed, naked. But I didn’t have time to focus on that. Her face was all bruised and her ribs were all busted up. She was bleeding all over, especially in a certain area I shouldn’t be able to see. She was unconscious and her ankle looked broken.

“He threw her down the stairs. Then, he made her walk back up and he came in here and raped her.” Tony said. He had tears running down his cheeks. I went into the bathroom, filling the bathtub with hot water and a little soap. I took a wet washcloth with me back into Carly’s room, wiping the blood from her. Then, I washed the washcloth with cold water, using it to wake her up. I wanted her to take a bath but she needed to be awake so she could relatively sit up.