16- Homecoming

******Kyle’s POV*******

Carly was in love with the beach house and I figured she would be. I’ll bet she love it even more when I take her to the beach sometime. My parents were going on about rules and such, until I heard “Oh yeah and sleep in your own bedrooms, no sneaking into each other’s rooms.” I looked over at Carly and her face had dropped. She couldn’t sleep without me. I reached over and squeezed her hand.

Our parents excused us and we walked out of the kitchen, deciding that we wanted to just watch movies until we felt like going to sleep. “Hey,” I said, stopping her in the hall. “You’ll be okay. You’re stronger now. If you still have nightmares, we’ll figure something out. Just try it for tonight, okay?” I pleaded, not being able to stand the sad look on her face.

“I can try.” She said, sighing. I felt bad because I couldn’t be there for her tonight, but I didn’t want to break my parents rules. They let us stay here, so we shouldn’t test it. We continued walking until we got to her room. We went in and picked a movie, putting it in and laying on the bed. We laid under the covers, and she had her head on my chest. Just out of habit, I ran my fingers through her hair, smoothing it back from her face to behind her ear. I wasn’t really focusing on the movie, I just laid there looking at Carly. Half way through the movie though, she fell asleep. I was tired, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep in here. I stayed until the movie was over, because I just wanted to hold her longer, but then I stood up carefully, not moving her too much, and covered her up with the blankets. I went back into my room, going through the hall so my parents wouldn’t think I was still in there. I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and then went back into my room, snuggling into my blankets and falling asleep.

***

“No, no. Please. Don’t. NO! KYLE! DON’T LEAVE ME! I need you!!!! Come on!” I woke up to the sound of a muffled screaming noise. Carly was dreaming in her room. I tried to block it out and see if she stopped, but it went on for a while and finally I couldn’t take it. I pulled the covers down, going through the bathroom into Carly’s room. She was tossing and turning and the blankets were all tangled around her. I fixed the blankets, climbing into bed next to her. She snuggled into my chest and I listened until her breathing slowed back down before I fell back into a dreamless sleep.

“What are you two doing in here together?!” My mom yelled, making me jump off of the bed and to the other side of the room. Then I realized that wasn’t a good idea. “What are you wearing?!” She shrieked and I looked down at myself, I was in boxers. It’s what I always wear to bed.

“Mom listen. I came in here in the middle of the night last night because-” I started but she cut me off.

“No, young man, I don’t want to hear any excuses. You are two young to be sneaking into a young lady’s room and doing god knows what in the middle of the night.”

“Moooommmm!” I whined, embarrassed. “We didn’t do anything! I just came in here and slept with her because she can’t sleep if I don’t!”

“Well, I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to get used to it as long as you are living in my house.” She said and I knew from the look on her face that she was serious and it was the end of the conversation. She walked out of the room, mumbling something about teenagers these days.

I looked over to Carly in the bed. She was staring at the door with some tears in her eyes. I went back over to the bed and held her. “I’ll talk to her. She’ll let me stay in here. I mean, what’s the worst I can do? Get you pregnant?” I said, laughing softly. She laughed but it also came out like a sob. Getting up, I went through the bathrooms and into my room. Pulling on a pair of sweatpants, I ran my fingers through my hair. I walked back into the bathrooms and brushed my teeth. Carly came in, bumping my hip with hers, she made me move so she could brush her teeth. I shot her a glare but she just grinned so a smile slipped onto my face. I spit into the sink, ignoring her disgusted looks. I grinned, kissing her cheek and walked out, going downstairs.