8- Reunited

Getting in my car, I drove to Marissa’s. I texted her and told her I was coming over, but to not tell Carly. I didn’t want to give her a chance to kick me out. I got to Marissa’s house, and then I got out of my car, grabbing my keys, and the bag of clothes Marissa had me bring over.

I went to Marissa’s door, knocking three times. I heard her coming to the door, so I braced myself for what could happen. She could fall into my open arms, and we could leave, or, she could push me away and tell me she never wants to see me again.

“Hey,” Marissa said. She let me in, and I followed her into what looked like her bedroom. I saw Carly, sitting on Marissa’s bed. She had on a plain white t-shirt, and some ripped jeans. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she had no make-up on. She never looked more beautiful. She doesn’t even have to try and she always looks gorgeous. She looked up and for a minute I saw several emotions fly across her face. First, joy. Then, pain, embarrassment, sadness, confusion, along with many others. I hated that I somehow put all that there.

Taking big steps, I walked over to her, pulling her into my arms. She went stiff for a minute, and then she warmed up, letting me hug her for a couple minutes. As she backed up out of the hug, I instantly felt the warmth of her body leave me. “Hi,” I whispered.

“Hi.”                                                      

“Well I’m just going to, uhm, go somewhere else.” Marissa said, awkwardly backing out of the room. Turning back to Carly, I carefully planned out what I was going to say.

“What did I do wrong?” I asked her, speaking carefully.

“Noth-thing,” she hiccupped, “It was me, and my thoughts.”

“What do you mean? What are you talking about?” I asked, confused.

“It’s j-just that, my dad would tell me, all the time, that I wasn’t good enough, and he would tell me that nobody could ever love m-me.” She was still sobbing. “So, I was thinking, that night, why do you like me? I’m not pretty enough, not smart enough, not skinny enough. If my dad didn’t even love me, how could you?” She was looking at me with such sadness in her eyes. Desperation was there, too. She is desperate to know why I like her.

“I don’t like you,” her face fell and more tears flooded her eyes. “I love you.” She perked up at this, smiling a little. “You’re beautiful. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You’re smart, funny, strong, and you’ve put up with my shit for years,” I chuckled a little. “I should be the one asking you this.

She all of a sudden jumped up and hugged me. “I’m so sorry for leaving. I shouldn’t have. I’m so sorry.” She rushed out at once.

“I love you, too” I whispered on her lips as I kissed her. She pulled away what seemed like too early, breathless.  “Can we go home now?” I asked.

“Yes, we can go home” she chuckled. We gathered up all her things, thanked Marissa and we were on our way. Driving home, I grabbed Carly’s hand as she reached with her other hand to turn on the radio. We drove back to the apartment in silence, but it wasn’t uncomfortable.  When we finally got to the apartment, I shut off the car. “I’m sorry.” She whispered. I almost didn’t catch it, because she said it so quietly.

“What for?” I asked, slightly confused.

“I’m just causing all sorts of problems,” she sighed.

“Hey, hey, no. Stop, it’s just as much me as it is you.” I said, kissing her. We went upstairs and Tony was in the kitchen, getting drinks.

“Hey guys! Good to see you back!” he said, “how was lunch?”

Lunch? Me and Carly gave each other a look, then looked back at Tony. He nodded his head at the living room and mouthed “she doesn’t know.”

Still confused, we told him our ‘lunch’ was good, and went into the living room. Tony and Carly’s mom was there. I let go of Carly’s hand, unsure if she knew or not.

    ******************Carly’s POV***********************

There was my mother, sitting there on my couch. Kyle let go of my hand, probably because mom doesn’t know yet.

“Hi baby!” she practically screamed. She is way too comfortable for a woman who walked out of our lives. “I stopped by to see how you all are doing, but when I got here, you brother told me you guys were out to lunch. How was it?”

“Well, we went to Applebees and they had a really long line, so we waited for a while, but then just decided to come back here.” Kyle answered for us.

“Oh good! Now we can all go out to lunch!” Mom said, getting excited. 

I heard Kyle sigh next to me. He must be exhausted, like me. I want to just go lie down, but I can’t pass up an opportunity to go to lunch with my mom, and get to know her more.

***************************Kyle’s POV******************************

After lunch, we all went back to the apartment. I was so exhausted, I could barely keep my eyes open.  After Carly’s mom left, we had to explain everything to Tony. Then I decided to go take a shower. I went into my room, grabbed some clothes, a towel, and my iPod. Turning on my iPod, I put it on shuffle and turned on the water to the shower. I stripped down and got in. After a  couple minutes I thought I heard the bathroom door open. “Hello?” I called out. Nothing.  “Hello?” I called, starting to get impatient.

All of a sudden the shower curtain was pulled open. “Boo!” Carly yelled out, scaring me. “Bahahahahaha! You’re so scared!” she laughed.

Turning off the water, I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around my waist, and chased her down the hall.

Running into my room, she fell on my bed, me falling on top of her. “That wasn’t funny.” I said.

“Yes, yes it was.” She said, grinning. She glanced down, as if she was just now realizing I was in just a towel. She reached towards my side, touching the stitches on my side. “That’s going to leave a scar.” She said sadly.

“It was worth it.” I said honestly. I leaned in to her face, kissing her. I got up, and shut the door. I walked back over to the bed and sat down. “Carly?”

“Hmm?” She said, still laying on the bed with her eyes closed.

“Look at me.” And she did. “Willyoubemygirlfriend?” I said all at once.

“Huh?” She said, smiling.

“You heard me.”

“Yes. Of course I will.” She said grinning, and I kissed her again. This time, though, I didn’t stop.

*~AN, I am not going to write a scene for that, because that isn't how I write, but use your imaginations. :) 

Does Carly seem to immature? Let me know what you think.