9- "You're what?!"

*******************Carly’s POV*******************************

A week had passed since me and Kyle had become an official couple. He wanted to take me out on our first date tonight.

“Well what should I wear?” I asked, looking inside my closet.

“I’m taking you someplace nice, so wear a dress.” He answered.

“But I don’t have any cute dresses!” I pouted, going and sitting beside him on my bed.

“What about that one from the party?” He was giving me a ‘get over it’ look.

“That party wasn’t that long ago and I need something I haven’t worn recently!”

“C’mon” He said, grabbing my hand. He pulled me out of my bedroom, only pausing to shut my door.  “We’ll be back in a little while,” he said to Tony as we passed him in the living room.

Grabbing his keys, we went down to his car. “Baby, where are we going?” I asked.

“We’re going to go dress shopping.” He said, like it happened every day.

“But I don’t have any cash,”

“That’s what I’m for.

“No, you’re not paying for me.”

“But I want to,” he said, “please?”

I just smiled, rolling my eyes. I turned up the radio, finally starting to enjoy life.

**************************Kyle’s POV****************************

By the fifth dress, I was really starting to regret having brought Carly out to get one. I honestly liked all of them, but she kept trying them on. I heard her gasp and then squeal. She must have found one that she liked. She came out of the dressing room, showing me. It was gorgeous. She could have been in just a t-shirt and make it look good. Actually. I mentally slapped myself. Stop it Kyle. “I love it” I said. I did too. We bought it, and went back to the apartment to get dressed.

 In about an hour and a half, she was finally ready. We left for the restaurant. When we got there, we were seated and we ordered our food. “I think, when we get back, we should go swim.” I suggested. 

“I can’t, I have my-, wait, no I don’t, what’s today?”

“The twelfth, why?”

“Because I should have my period” she said, whispering the word period. “Oh well, must just be all out of whack from all the stress lately. So yeah, we should go when we get back.” The rest of our meal flew by and soon we were back at the apartment, changing into our bathing suits. We walked back downstairs, just to find out the pool was closed. “Oh well,” Carly said, “I am kind of tired anyway.”

We went back upstairs, trading our bathing suits for pajamas. I laid down, with Carly in my arms. She fell asleep quickly, me not far behind.

***

I woke up to the sound of my door opening. I looked up and saw Carly walking quickly into the bathroom. I followed her, confused. I got into the bathroom just in time to see Carly hurl up last night’s dinner. I rushed over to her, pulling her hair back out of her face. I sat next to her, rubbing her back, until I was sure she was finished. She sat up, “now I feel bad, that food was expensive,” she chuckled.

“Are you okay?” I asked, worried.

“Yes, I’m fine.” She stood up shakily and brushed her teeth quickly. Then we went out into the living room and she laid down on the couch with her head in my lap.

I turned on the TV and we watched NCIS all morning, with Carly making trips to the bathroom now and then. Tony finally came out of his room. “Woah, Carly, you look awful.” He said.

“Tony!” she hissed. “For your information, I have been sick all morning.”

“What? What’s wrong?” he asked, suddenly worried.

“I have been throwing up all morning, it’s no big deal.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. Go make food. I’m hungry.”

Tony got up to go make some food for us. “You know, you have him wrapped around your finger.” I said.

“Yeah, I know.” She grinned. “You too.”

“What about me?”

“I have you wrapped around my finger too.”

“Oh really?” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, who else would hold my hair for me when I’m sick?”

“Good point, good point.” I laughed.                           

Carly wasn’t sick anymore that day and everything went normal. We went to bed early that night, because we had been woken up early.

*****************Carly’s POV********************************

I woke up, and instantly felt sick. Uh Oh. Not again. I ran down the hall and barely made it to the bathroom, emptying my stomach into the toilet. Kyle was by my side in a second, holding my hair again. I would have smiled, had I not been vomiting up yesterdays dinner.

After I was feeling a little better, Kyle brought me back into his room. We sat down on the bed.

“Carly, remember what you said to me at dinner the other night?”

“What? About swimming?”

“Yeah, about your period being late.” He said.

Oh. My. God. I got up, ran down the hall, grabbed keys, and drove over to the closest pharmacy. I grabbed a couple different tests, because I didn’t know which was the best. I drove back home, panicking. When I got back I locked myself in the bathroom. I opened the first pregnancy test, followed the directions, and waited.

A couple minutes later, a little pink plus sign showed up. “Kyle!” I screamed. He came running in, and I just pointed at the test, just sitting on the counter. He looked at it, then at the instructions, then back at it and so on. “It’s not going to change,” I said, “I’m pregnant.” I whispered the last part.

“Oh no.” He said.

“What? It’s not like we have no money. We have room here, and Tony would help. We can do this.” I said, worried he was going to leave me because he didn’t want a kid.

“Yeah, but we’re so young. School just let out for summer. You’re not even done with high school, and what about college? You can’t go to college and have a kid.”

“So I won’t go to college. I’ll stay home and take care of him or her while you go to college.”

“But-” I cut him off with a kiss.

 “No buts. We can do this.”

“Ohkay. I suppose it would be kind of fun to have a little one running around.” He kissed me again.

“But, the only thing is, we have to tell Tony. He’s going to kill you.” I teased.

“Ugh!”

We went into the living room, where Tony was sitting on the couch. “Tony, we need to talk to you.”

“Uh oh, this can’t be good.”

“Well, uhmm,” I started. I didn’t know how to tell him. “I have something I need to tell you. Uhh, well, umm, I’m pregnant.” 

"You're what?!"