5-Lockdown Say What?

**Recap-****

I was sitting in class, staring out the window, when I heard over the announcements, "Students, teachers, and staff, please prepare for lockdown."

We all knew in a lockdown we had to get to the corner of the room. So we all went to the corner and the teacher locked the door and shut off the lights.

Chapter 5-

          I was sitting in the corner of the room, wondering what was going on. Was someone in the school? Was Carly okay? Where's Tony? Thousands of questions were running through my head. I turned at looked around me. The girl next to me, was making it look like she was scared. She wanted me to comfort her, but she and I both knew i wouldn't. She was kind of pretty, curly, blonde hair, blue eyes, nice smile, but she was a slut. She would do anythingfor a guy.

          "What's going on?" I whispered.

         "A potential threat has entered our school. I don't know much right now, but I should get an email if possible soon." She said. Just then I heard someone banging on a door in the distance.

         "Go check your email." I said to her. She went and checked. She gasped and waved me over. I walked over to her.

          "What's wrong? Who is it?"        

          "What is Carly and Tony's last name?" Mrs. Roberts was the only person besides us who knew about their dad.

          "Miller, why would that matter?"

          "Because the person who entered the building is Todd Miller."

************Carly's POV**********

          I was so scared. They called a lockdown for a 'potential threat'. What does that mean? Who is it? What do they want?

        "Guys. I have just recieved an email. They said someone named Todd MIller got into the school and said something about finishing what he started." Oh. My. God. Someone caught me as i fell. I looked up, through blurry eyes to see Kyle.

        "Shh. It's ok. I won't let him near you. I promise." He whispered to me. I just layed there, safe in his arms. I just hoped he could keep his promise. 

       "They called the cops and the cops are outside. They have the building surrounded. They can't do anything yet. Unless he tries-" his sentence was broke off by a scream. It sounded like Tony! Oh no! I was so worried about myself I didn't even worry about him. What could've happened?

       I heard "TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!!" and all of a sudden the door was broken open. My dad and my brother were in the doorway, my dad had Tony by his neck and was dragging him. In my dad's other hand, he had a gun. He looked awful. His face was unshaven, he had bags under his eyes, and he had an awful beer gut. Kyle's grip on me tightened.  My dad stomped over to me and tried to pull me up by my arm. He managed to pull me up, but Kyle stood up and kept his protective grip on me. I felt dizzy. I couldn't breathe. It was suddenly really warm in the room and I could see black dots dancing in my vision.

        "Carly i'm so sorry! I didn't want to tell him where you were!" Tony said.

        "Shut up! You stupid kid!" my dad yelled/slurred. "You're just as useless as your sister. So just be quiet! Nobody asked you to speak." Kyle moved in front of me.

        "What the hell is wrong with you! How could you beat your kid like that? Do you have any idea what she has to deal with all the time! This beautiful, smart girl doesn't sleep much, because when she closes her eyes, you're all she sees! She can't let anyone in, because she knows they could hurt her! And your son, he feels awful, because there was nothing he could do, he couldn't do anything but watch when you used your daughter as a punching bag. That's why your wife left you. Because you're an asshole and an awful person who doesn't deserve-" Kyle was cut off by my dad shooting him in the side. I heard everyone gasp and someone in the back of the room screamed.