VII

//this kind of has a lot of backstories or just talking about what the character is going through atm. so i'm sorry if it's a little much at the moment. the next chapter should be less heavy!//

namjoon had arrived not to long after the four boys finished their food and he took jungkook to his own house. the tension wasn't completely gone after jungkook left. seokjin and taehyung definitely had to talk about tae's alcohol issue and the financial situation of the parlor.

instead of feeling angry at the people around him, taehyung felt sad now. he felt disappointed in himself and his reaction to jungkook's attitude and values. but it was too late, he only realized this after jungkook was gone.

taehyung groaned again, rolling over. he was laying on his bed, sketching a snake in his notebook. he wanted to change so bad, he wanted to be a person who was less sensitive to emotions, and he wanted to be a better person in general. but he seemed he could never be the right kind of snake. he wanted to shed his old self and become someone new and better, but it seemed he was only going to be a snake who inflicted pain.

-

jungkook was wrapped up tight in the sheets of namjoon's guest bed. after picking jungkook up, since it was so late at night he wanted to make sure jungkook would get some sleep. so he was sitting on the side of the bed, reading jungkook a book that he loved. it was about philosophy, which was boring to jungkook so he was able to fall asleep quickly.

he dreamt of having an art gallery. one with pale white walls and his drawing hanging on the walls. there would be small pastel records playing songs he wrote in the different rooms of the gallery. mothers would bring their children, and groups of friends would come and poke fun at some of the drawings, but they were secretly admiring them.

jungkook smiled in his sleep and rolled over. his legs were wrapped up together in the blankets and his arms were bundled together at his chest. his lips were slightly opened, and drool slipped out of his mouth. he looked cute. like a little bunny sleeping peacefully.

namjoon was in the next room over dealing with problems of his own, he had left jungkook when he realized he was asleep. namjoon worked at the grocery store on the corner and was close to getting let go because he missed so many days of work trying to find jungkook and then picking him up from tae's. he lived in a relatively large apartment for someone living alone. but his mother had paid him money not to tell what had happened to him, which was somewhat a good thing. namjoon was able to live on his own, which was rare for people who were in their last year of school.

he was cleaning which is something he did when he was worried. his boss had been a bit of an asshat the other day over the phone, so namjoon hung up on him. then he had gotten a threatening email, saying he needed to go to work or he'd be fired. he did go to work yesterday, he just left an hour early to go pick up jungkook. he had school from nine to two thirty, then went straight to work until one in the morning. ate did homework and slept. he didn't get lots of sleep, but he did what he had too.

on the weekends it was nice, he slept a lot then, it's the only time he could get a normal time of sleep.

namjoon had also been hanging out with two other men at the time and had taken an interest in both of them. which took a toll on him as well. they were already dating and he felt like an intruder so he has been trying to stop seeing them as much, to try and keep his feeling at bay, which was very difficult.

throughout namjoon's entire high school career he's had to put his dreams on hold. he wanted to be a teacher because he loves to learn and teach. but with how tired he's been lately he's been having trouble keeping up in class. and now that jungkook had dropped out of school it's been even harder for him to focus.

namjoon was sitting at his dining room table looking through his bills and his phone. his mother had recently stopped giving him money as she seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth. he put his head into his hands and sighed, ruffling his own hair. he had been there for a couple hours now. he wasn't thinking about sleeping or going to work that day, he just wanted to get the fact that he wouldn't ever be with the two blondes out of the way. he kept telling himself to just text them or call them, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. so he was paying his bills.

"maybe i should just move." namjoon was talking to himself, he was bored. he didn't know what to do and he was considering just running away from all of his problems. the fact that he was failing in school due to lack of sleep, even though he was the smartest there. the fact that he could barely pay his bills. that he could barely work as well, and is on the edge of being fired. and lastly his huge crush on two boys who could never possibly return his feelings.

namjoon felt empty. he had no motive in life. he had no reason to pursue his career idea. and he was just in high school. what could he do? namjoon sighed again and choked on his breath. extremely close to crying.

he was bored and stressed out and felt alone. it felt to him that no one wanted him around anymore.

"hyung?"

a smol, childlike voice was heard from the entrance of the room. namjoon looked up to see jungkook standing there, and immediately jungkook's smile fell.

"hyung! why were you crying?" he ran to namjoon and pulled him into a hug. namjoon's head was buried deep into jungkook's chest, as he was sitting and jungkook was standing. jungkook rubbed the back of namjoon's head repeatedly, very confused as to why his hyung was so upset.

to jungkook, he never saw namjoon upset. and maybe that's why he was so sad. he always kept his bad emotions at bay when around people, so try and be better for them. to try and lead them when they were upset. but that turned around and took a toll on him too. he was focusing on others rather than himself. he was focusing on yoongi and jimin rather than his job and sleep. and during school, his mind was occupied by worry for jungkook and the need to sleep.

"you like me right jungkook? i'm important to you?"

namjoon felt weak in that moment, which reflected the sound of his voice at the moment. asking about himself to jungkook, he felt even more pathetic.

"of course joonie. you're the most important person in my life. and i love you. cheer up please. i want you to be happy."

//make sure to comment and vote if you liked this chapter ;-), thank you all for 700 reads! we're so close to 1k!//