XI

//thank you all so so so much for 1k reads! this means the world to me! i'm trying to work on an extra chapter but i don't have any ideas, so comment if there's something you want to see in this book. btw the date is gonna take a while so...//

the dusk became night, and the moon was the only shining light. but the two boy's didn't seem to mind about how late the time was becoming. they were walking peacefully, talking occasionally about the people and buildings that they saw. there was one person who also had tattoos and jungkook was so happy to point it out to tae. he had shouted about how he could fit in their too, and how he wouldn't be an outcast if he lived in this new town.

the two noticed some families walking out of their houses in the middle of the busy street, walking with strollers or holding hands. they were living among the chaos and loud businesses but preceded living their lives anyway. taehyung noticed this specifically, he who had been living where he worked for the past year or so. but that wasn't the only thing taehyung noticed, he saw a house and it looked like it held people on the roof that were staring out at the stars. he wanted to go there sometime soon to admire the night.

finally, jungkook spotted a building with a smaller storefront and he jumped excitedly at it. the store had a pink and red striped awning and white borders along the large window that occupied the front. then, there was a small white door to get inside and that was almost it for its outward appearance. on the awning, it read pearl's cafe. it was simple but self-explanatory and had caught jungkook's eye.

"can we please go there and get dessert!"

taehyung, thinking about his presence there made him hesitate, but jungkook was using his adorable wide eyes and bunny smile so taehyung couldn't say no.

they walked in and once again taehyung received some stares, but he didn't care as he knew jungkook loved his tattoos. that's all the approval he needed at the moment.

the people there were much more welcoming though than the other place and sat them down at the coffee bar. jungkook immediately was jumping up and down at the sight of banana milk on the menu.

"you like banana milk?"

"yeah! I love it, namjoon always gave it to me when i went over to his house. so much better than tap water from the sink," jungkook smiled, sticking out his tongue at the thought of that dirty old sink. he was so innocent and pure that taehyung became a little worried that his tattoos and piercing contrasted too much against jungkook's self.

"i also want ice cream though tae!" jungkook jumped up and tae immediately forgot about his other problems at the moment.

"okay, what kind do you want?" taehyung knew that by giving jungkook the banana milk, a ride to namjoon's, and ice cream he was jeopardizing the amount of money he would soon need.

"cookies and cream!"

"aww because you're kookie, that sounds so cute. mind if i have a bite?" taehyung asked playfully while pinching jungkook's puffy cheeks.

"of course tae! are you not getting any?" jungkook had a small pout on his face when he asked it, wondering why taehyung wasn't getting any sweetness for himself.

"don't worry about it koo," taehyung said noticing jungkook's larger smile at the nickname. But jungkook hadn't noticed that taehyung had a little bit of bite in his words as once again he felt a need to defend himself. tae knew he didn't have the most amount of money in the world and it made him a little sensitive to think about.

jungkook began to hum in the silence, not realizing the meaning of him expressing his voice in public. deep inside he was recognizing his actions of finally becoming comfortable with tae, but on the outside, he was only thinking about his sweet tooth. or as taehyung thought about it, jungkook bunny teeth.

taehyung had ordered for jungkook because he knew how it gave jungkook anxiety to order food on his own. he loved that taehyung made him feel more like he had a place in the world.

inside the comforting chatter of the cafe the only noise taehyung heard was jungkook's lovely voice. he was humming but taehyung could still sense the talent radiating out of him. he was smiling, showing his two front teeth while kicking his legs and swaying his head back and forth. it was adorable, and it seemed to taehyung that he may have discovered a new thing jungkook liked.

the milk arrived and jungkook felt as if he was in heaven when he drank it.

"so you like to sing?" taehyung asked, leaning closer to jungkook, his shirt straining a bit and jungkook was able to see a small inking at the edge of his collarbone. jungkook blushed and nodded.

"i don't do it very often though. i was i could." i wish i wasn't so awkward and was able to sing anywhere i wanted.

"i understand that, i used to play the saxophone when i was younger. didn't do it too much though, my friends made fun of me." it was the first time taehyung had revealed anything about his past to jungkook, and he was so happy to hear it.

"you love music too?"

"i mean i guess, i prefer art thou."

jungkook nodded, trying to calm down his thoughts as he wanted to just shout what he was thinking. so he took a few breaths and then spoke.

"i've always thought of playing my songs somewhere, like an art gallery or some place of my own. i want to get to a place in my life where i can share my voice."

taehyung was amazed about how though jungkook was still somewhat in high school, he knew what he wanted, or at least knew what his dreams were.

taehyung paused at the thought of jungkook being in high school for a second, thinking deeply about something.

"wait! how old are you?" taehyung immediately panicked, he was twenty-four and could be dating someone who was a minor? that was an incredible turn off for everyone.

"i'm nineteen. old compared to the people i used to go to school with."

"oh thank god," taehyung mumbled leaning back. how had he never thought of their age difference? the tension was released quickly as jungkook got his ice cream and went back to his childish sense of amazement.

he was kicking his feet and humming happily as he ate.

"i want to walk around a little more with you, how does that sounds? when you're done?"

taehyung leaned forward and jungkook fed take a bite of his ice cream.

"of course, but i am getting a little tired so you gotta hurry," jungkook said as he began to shove the ice cream into his mouth, savoring every bite.

//hotter tae coming soon//