4

warning: mentions of homophobia! (there are also words that are spelt wrong on purpose!)

for some reason, the night was restless for both yoongi and jungkook.

yoongi was sitting on his bed in his princess pajamas, intensely coloring a picture in his coloring book while jungkook sat and watched rugrats (a/n: this was one of my favorite shows as a kid) with his feet hanging over the bed. a comfortable silence was placed between them considering the shows music was peaceful, but neither of the boys had said anything in over 2 hours.

as cute as it was, they didn't have the courage to talk about what happened a few hours ago. not only could they not talk about it because yoongi's father came home, but they also didn't know what to call themselves anymore. best friends? just friends? friends that love each other unconditionally? none of the labels seemed right to them.

fortunately for him, jungkook had a massive crush on yoongi but he didn't know how to express it or how to tell him easily without it seeming weird. it's not like you see 7 year olds kissing and having crushes on each other that young in their lives.

yoongi suddenly dropped his crayons on the bed and turned to the bright flashing television, the headline beaming in bold font something about 2 boys being shot for holding hands not too far from where they were. being as innocent as jungkook was, he just thought the 2 boys were robbing a store from what the footage was showing, but yoongi didn't see from the same perspective.

all he could see was 2 innocent people walking into a store to buy a cake and seeing some weird black masked guy coming in and shooting them directly in the chest. yoongi and jungkook both had different reactions to the news obviously; jungkook sat with his face glued to the television in awe and yoongi looked like he was about to cry at any second. suddenly, the crayons didn't matter, and neither did rugrats and the glitter he was using to decorate his picture.

the only thing that mattered at that moment was each other.

jungkook turned his head slightly and was surprised to find yoongi curled up into a ball with tears streaming down his pink cheeks, considering nothing really seemed wrong about the news except for the fact that there was a shooting. maybe he wasn't phased because jungkook was used to hearing about them from his dads.

"yoonie, is somethin' wrong? i'm here for you, you know that," jungkook mewled as he crawled into yoongi's lap and wrapped his arms around his neck, allowing their faces to become closer again. the silence was no longer comfortable, but now strained, uneasy-feeling and awkward.

yoongi looked into jungkook's eyes and couldn't help but cry more, and more, and more until he thought his eyes would run out of tears.

"that's gonna h-happen to us, kitten," the nickname he used for jungkook when he was scared slipped right off his tongue as he pointed at the bright television screen, nuzzling his nose into the crook of jungkook's neck. he smelled so homely and comfortable compared to the musty smell of cigarettes traveling up to their room.

jungkook stopped breathing for at least 30 seconds, realizing what their label is.

never did he think that'd he end up like his daddies. even though his parents — namjoon wasn't legally his father, but jin said that they were in love so that's what he followed — were both gay and happy, but it's not like jungkook didn't see the dirty glares and looks they were given. things said to them weren't nice, mostly insults about they way they talked or dressed.

and that's when reality came crashing down on him. the last thing jungkook wanted was yoongi to be bullied for wearing a skirt or for him to be bullied because he wanted to wear lip gloss like the girls in their class did.

yoongi dejectedly wrapped his arms around jungkook's small waist and laid his head on his shoulder, letting out a deep breath of air from his lungs. "yoongi, we aren't gonna be hurted; we're gonna be 'homophobalic' and be happy with each other, just like my daddies!"

the younger male jumped off the bed and squealed, running down the hallway to yoongi's mother with the biggest smile he could muster on his tiny lips.

"i figured it out, mrs. min! i'm homophobic!"

-

jungkook's innocence is honestly so adorable sksksks

school has been a hassle for me lately and i'm probably gonna fail 8th grade because i have no interest in anything but bts, writing fanfictions (or just in general) and drawing so-

anyway, what do you think is gonna happen? are jungkook's parents gonna be mad?