Chapter 6: Melody

I wake up smiling, because I kissed Jasper. Those three words. My new three favourite. I. Kissed. Jasper. I kissed him. I kissed Jasper. I laugh out loud, stretching my arms out and flopping back onto my pillows in happiness. I check my phone, frowning at the amount of messages.

Kissing you was amazing xxx

I know you're asleep, don't worry xxx

Well...I don't know, I assume so xxx

Maybe I'm a bad kisser xxx

Is that why you didn't text back? Xxx

Oh my god did I eat your tongue? Xxx

Did I taste funny? Xxx

I've probably gone off. Oh well xxx

Nah, I haven't. I'm too awesome to go off xxx

Anyway, night xxx

I sit there like a fool in love, and I grin, because I know he's going to be outside my house in 15 minutes. I jump out of bed, belting out 'Rolling in the Deep' by Adele, skidding through the doorway to my walk-in wardrobe. I pick out a black denim skirt and artfully ripped leggings, a strapless floaty top and chunky buckle boots. I do my eyeliner a little thicker and smudged today, going for the rock vibe. I have to admit, I like it.

A knock on my door and Harmony answers. I grab my bag and sketchbook, sliding down the banister. "Hey!" I chirp, and plant a kiss on his cheek. Leaving a red smudge. Harmony points it out, laughing, and I watch Jasper blush and rub at it. We leave for school, my arm nestled in his. "Have a good day, guys!" Calls my sister.

"Those texts last night made me laugh." I grin.

"Good. I love it when you smile. It's like the sun comes out." I'm touched by that simple statement, and the way he says it like it's just another sentence.

Jasper isn't in my first class, so I leave him at the gates, planting a long, lingering kiss on his perfectly curved lips. I make my way to Business Studies and get a seat near the back. Just as the bell rings to begin lessons, Jaidon Kingsley saunters in. He plops down next to me, sprawling over the chair and half of mine. I feel minuscule.

"What do you want?" I snap, moving my things away from him.

"You. Alone." He chuckles. The teacher tells us we'll be working together and I slide my head into my hands, sighing. As I look, I can't help but notice the lip print seemingly burnt into the side of his neck. It looks like a tattoo, but something tells me it isn't.

Lunch rolls around quickly, despite the lack of Jasper in my classes. I flat out run to our spot, and I barrel into Jasper, who lifts me off my feet and kisses me passionately. I will never get used to the feeling of his lips on my own. It comes to mind that I may be irreversibly, irrevocably in love with Jasper Kingsley, psycho brother and all.

Sat in our tree, his toned arm slung comfortably over my shoulder, I could sit there forever, with a twig poking my backside and the faint smell of Jasper's Lynx Chocolate body spray.

"Hey, Jazz?"

"Yes, beautiful?" I smile and blush.

"Um, I saw on Jaidon this morning...he has this thing. Like a lip print. On the side of his neck. It just seemed off, it gave me the creeps. Do you know anything about it?"

"Nothing, no. Well, when in doubt, we refer to out old friend, Google." He typed 'burn mark lip print on side of neck' at my instruction, with an article coming up straight away.

-THE MARK OF LILITH-

It is said that those kissed by Devil are commanded by, or serve her, are marked by her. This manifests in a few recognisable ways, namely the following: