Lilith's Flashbacks: The Evil Twin.

Lilith's Flashbacks - The Evil Twin

Karina and Ian Kingsley clutch each other's hands as they stand before the Devil herself.

Skin like burnt ochre, darkening considerably to maroon toward the hand and foot. A dress crafted from Hellfire, smoking and writhing on Lilith's body, casting shadows across her cruelly beautiful face. Eyes like coal, hair in dreadlocks down her back to the floor, where they morph into snakes that bite at the ankles of her servants. Arms folded, talons clicking against each other absent-mindedly as she lounges on her love-seat.

"What have you done?" Karina cries, falling to her knees.

"What I felt like doing." Lilith holds out her hand, and a moth the size of her hand flutters onto her curved talons.

"Once upon a time," She pauses to see if the couple are listening. "There was a family, a lovely family who's mother had just given birth. Unfortunately, the newborn was sick and dying. I saw an opportunity, and saved the child, leaving the family in debt to me. I tried to call in this debt, but couldn't get to the family. They'd covered themselves in charms and blessings and all sorts of holy filth."

Lilith snarls, ripping the wings from the moth. "I was angry, and I vowed to kill the entire family. The parents were easy, I just staged a little crash. The children were innocent, and so I couldn't get to them directly. That's where you come in." Flicking a talon toward Karina's swollen belly.

"How do you mean?" Karina's voice is shrill and panicky, hands covering her tummy protectively.

"I mean, little human, that you'd been gifted with twins. I was kind, I was generous! I only touched one! One will seek to destroy these girls. The other will live a normal life, as you wish. Just pretend you only gave birth to one and let the other do it's business!" Lilith claps her hands cheerfully, like that is that.

"No." Karina steps forward. "Give me my child back." Fear clouds her face.

"I beg your pardon?" She seems to grow in height, three feet taller and more ominous. "Do you speak out of turn to me?" She picks up Karina by her throat, and she struggles helplessly for a moment before blacking out. She drops the unmoving body before her and turns, screeching, "Leave this place and never come back!"

She casts them from her home as quickly as they had arrived.

Lilith turns, summoning a small girl. "The girls, they're pure and untouched, which is one of the other reasons I cannot get to them. It annoys me." The small girl looks frightened, but nods. "Come here."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Says the young lady, stepping closer. Lilith's talons grow and sharpen, darkening to almost black.
"Little girl. What is your name?"
"Mary."
"A holy name. I wanted to kill that woman. But I need her. So you'll have to do, Mary."

Her screams echoed off the walls for hours.