Chapter 4

I'm back guys!! Updates should come more often now!
______________________________________________________________________________________

When Skylar and I walked inside, my mom was standing at the door with her arms crossed over her chest and giving us a suspicious look. "Hi." I said trying to be casual.

"Those were the boys you went out with tonight?" She asked, looking back and forth at us. "Yeah mom, that was them, and they know Dally isn't that cool?" I said quickly realizing that I was still wearing Ponyboy's jacket, I quickly slipped it off and folded it under my arm.

"They know Dallas?" She asked slowly, and I could tell that wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear. "Well, at least they're not Socs." She said with a sour look, and I could tell she wasn't pleased, but I didn't care. "C'mon Skylar, let's go to bed."

I jogged up the stairs with Skylar following behind me, and we went into my room. "Well that was fun." I smiled closing the door.

"Yeah, Johnny was so sweet, and quiet." Skylar said dreamily, sitting down on my bed. "But I was sure Dallas was gonna kill us, or them. He got so angry."

"But he knows that they're nice boys. Probably the nicest ones out of the whole gang. But the other boys were something else." I smiled thinking of all the jokes Two-Bit cracked. "Yeah.." Skylar said smiling off into space. She was happy and I could tell, she just went on her first date, and Dallas approves- well, as much as Dallas can approve of a boy going out with his little sister.

I changed out of the clothes I was wearing and into my night clothes which consisted of an old oversized t-shirt from some concert my mom went to back in the 50's, and some old shorts. I lied on one end of the bed while Skylar lied at the other end, this is what we usually did when she slept over at my house.

We lied in silence for a while, and I let my mind drift to no one other than Ponyboy. I kissed him on the cheek right before I went inside. I wonder if I scared him off? Maybe I shouldn't have done that.. I only just met him today. I moved things too fast. But, on the other hand, he did say I was pretty, and that I dig ok. But still I should have let him make the first move.

"Skylar?" I asked propping my head up with my arm, "What?" she asked while lying on her side with her eyes closed. "Do you think Ponyboy likes me?" I asked quietly. "Well yeah, anyone with eyes could see that," Skylar laughed, "He constantly glanced over at you all night long, you just didn't notice."

"Oh.." I said and smiled, so he dose like me. "Wow that makes me feel a lot better Skylar, I was worried I might have scared him off."

"You defiantly didn't, for crying out loud, aren't you going out with him tomorrow?" She asked shifting in the bed.

"Yeah.. hah, you're right I am." I said quietly as my eyes began to droop, and I began to fall asleep. "You're somethin' else Jacqi," I heard Skylar mutter before I fell asleep.

*

I woke up, and Skylar was already awake. "Hi." I said sitting up and brushing my tangled hair out of my face. "You're finally up!" She said putting down one of my magazines, "your mom's making pancakes and bacon, she told me to get you up when they were done but I guess you're up now."

I got out of bed and went to my vanity to brush out my hair, once I got that wild mess under control, I heard my mom call us down to the kitchen because breakfast was ready.

I raced Skylar down to the kitchen (I won), and we sat down at the table along with my father, who wore the same tired look on his face, working at the mill had taken toll on him.

"Hello girls," My dad said when we sat down. "Hi daddy," I smiled. "Hello Uncle Vinny," Skylar said.

"I heard you two went on some sort of date last night," He said nudging me with his arm, "with greaser boys I hope?"