*10* Over it?

Anne's POV

After school, I decide to write Gilbert a letter in return after he apologized to me. I mean, it would be rude not to respond right? I begin to write:

Dear Gilbert,

   Hello, I hope you have been doing well. I wanted to apologize as well about what I did, which is technically illegal to write a letter with someone else's name. Everyone misses you here, I can tell by the strange atmosphere in the schoolhouse. Also, Diana has left to move to Newfoundland with her mother because her parents got a divorce. Now, I've lost two people who I love. I hope that you are able to forgive me for my actions one day, and I pray that your visit with your mother will be worth it. Bash sounds like an intelligent person, so please make sure to say hi to him from me. I miss you dearly every day that you are gone.

Love always, Anne.

I seal it in an envelope and I grab my jacket and my boots.

"Marilla! I'm off to deliver a letter to Gilbert," I yell.

"Okay, be safe," Marilla responds. I open the front door and rush out of the house with the envelope in my hand. I make it to the post office and leave the envelope with the mailman. 

Hopefully, the letter gets to Gilbert.

Gilbert's POV

I wake up to Bash throwing a pail at my head.

"Bash," I groan. 

"Sorry man, but we're gonna be late for our shift if you slept for another minute. So hurry up," Bash says and throws me a worn-out shirt and pair of pants. I slip them on and Bash and I head to our destination. 

Bash tells me more about himself, like how his mother apparently makes amazing food and his sister is home to take care of his mother. I tell him about my friends back in Avonlea and the school that I attended. 

"You think that you're girl got your letter?" Bash asks.

I roll my eyes, "for the last time, Anne isn't 'my girl' anymore. Besides, she probably ripped up the letter."

"Mhm," Bash replies, obviously not believing me.

"I'm being serious," I say sternly.

"Boy, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth when you speak of her. Your eyes light up and your cheeks flush," Bash says, then he begins to shovel coal. I do the same, thinking about Bash's comment, and of course, I think about Anne.

~after shift~

Today they made us work for 10 hours straight, and I am exhausted. Thankfully, we get an hour to eat and nap, then we get back to work. I walk up to my bed to rest, but there's a letter waiting for me. I pick it up, and it's from Anne. I try to fight back the smile on my face so that Bash doesn't see. Thankfully, I win. I shouldn't even care about Anne anymore after what she did to me, right? 

I read her letter and I feel my cheeks flush a bit. 

Bash comes to my bed and picks up the empty envelope, "Over her, huh."

"Maybe not yet," I reply and re-read the letter.

~~~~

I hope that you enjoy this book so far! Make sure to check out my other book called I'm sorry Gilbert, which is getting a bit mysterious now >:). 

I'll be updating this book every Monday and Friday, so make sure come back on Friday.

Please vote, comment, check out my other books and smile :)