*7* Seperated

Anne's POV

I watch as Gilbert walks onto the ship until I can't see him anymore. Diana and Ruby don't notice me trying to hold in my tears. But Charlie did. As soon as Charlie wraps his arm around my shoulders, I broke. I cry quietly, but the tears keep flowing down like a stream.

"Anne I am sorry, I'll help you through everything." Charlie says as we both look at the boat. I'm not very close with Charlie, but he is Gilbert's best friend so he's probably feeling the same way as me.

We stand on the port for a couple of minutes then we walk away with Diana and Ruby.

"I can't imagine how you're feeling Charlie. Why are you so calm?" I ask him as we all walked down the trails to our homes.

"Well I just know that Gilbert is doing the right thing for himself. There has to be some explanation on why he's left Avonlea." Charlie responds, "I hope you know that he didn't leave because of you, Anne. Gilbert would never do that to you."

I don't think that what Charlie said is true, but I nod anyways. Gilbert was planning on leaving, and I gave him his last push to leave. I tried to keep him in Avonlea, with me, but I just made everything worse for him and myself. This was not the happy ending that was supposed to happen.

The 4 of us continue walking in silence until we reach Green Gables. I hug everyone goodbye and walk slowly to the front door. I pass by Jerry.

"Bonjour Anne." Jerry says as I walk by. I wave sadly. Jerry's eyes meet my sad eyes and he runs up to me and gives me a hug. I hug back and the tears return.

"I'm sorry Anne. I truly am. I hate seeing you like this." Jerry says as we hug. Jerry has only seen me this sad when I flashback to my awful past and what torture I went through for so long. Jerry is like my brother who I love unconditionally.

"Thank you Jerry." I say as we release. I wipe my tears and walk to my home. 

When will Gilbert return? Will he ever return? I think as I run upstairs into my room and collapse on my bed. The tears return harder than ever and there's nothing I can do to stop them. 

If only Gilbert was here.

~~

Hi! Sorry I haven't written in a while I've been super busy and have had other ideas and stuff. Thank you to everyone who has voted and added this story to their reading lists, and if you haven't please go do that. Like asap. Tell me if you want me to continue this story.

Also go check out my other story about shirbert called I'm Sorry Gilbert. It takes place in 2018 and I hope you enjoy it :)

K bye <3