What!?

I missed him more than ever, his laugh, his stupid jokes, his face, his presence, if only I could turn back time..... His parents sat in the room with him as I ate my lunch in the waiting room. Gunner came in with drinks in hand.

Gunner: Hey. I got Chris and Rich some Starbucks.

Me: You want me to call them out?

Gunner: Yeah and stay in there for now until they finish, cause nurses won't allow outside food in, other than the cafeteria food.

Me: That policy is weird.

I walked out of the waiting room and into Tanner's room where Christy and his Dad, Richard are.

Me: Hey, guys? Gunner brought Starbucks for you guys.

Christy: Okay.

Richard: Did you eat Alex?

Me: Yup

They got up and left me in the room with Tanner. I sat beside him doing what I've done for the past month. I pulled the chair from against the wall to his bed, held his hand, and embraced his perfection.

Me: I know your gonna be okay. I know you gonna wake up soon. I know your gonna laugh again. I know your gonna make your stupid jokes. I know your gonna try and cover up your bald spot with your other hairs but we both know it won't work. I know things are going to go back to how they are supposed to be. But to make that happen I need you to wake up.......I need you to wake up.....I need you to wake up..........I need you. Please Tanner.

Tears came running down before I could even finish. I kissed him on his forehead and held his hands to my head and begged to God for him to wake up. While I was doing that I felt his hand move. I jumped and looked at him. He was just opening his eyes.

Me: Tanner!? Hey, hey it's me,

Tears began to fall again, but this time of joy.

Me: ....Alex. Listen to me, your okay, I'm here with you.

He nodded and smiled. I kissed his check and pressed the nurse call button. Within seconds the nurse came in and spoke into her dispatch that Tanner had waken up. She shooed me out of the room telling me to call one of his parents in. I walked out and the nurse closed the door behind me. Gunner was just outside the door about to walk in the room.

Me: *he's awake*

I whispered. Gunner and I hugged in relief, I ran to his parents.

Me: He's awake!

Christy: What!!?

Richard: Thank God!

We all hugged. I told them one of them what the nurse told me and Christy, Tanner's mom decided to go in. Gunner texted the Hi5 group chat containing everyone that works at hi5 and told them Tanner was awake. They all freaked out. I told everyone from Team Edge. They did the same. 15 minutes go by and the nurse comes out.