Chapter 2- Sulking around

I woke up late next morning. I quickly brushed my teeth and showered. I dressed in a plain blue t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I then went downstairs to the kitchen . Tom was there cooking something.

"Hi Tom".

"Hello Master Evan. What would you like to have for breakfast", he asked politely.

"Uh... nothing just a piece of bread with milk would suffice", I replied with a smile. "And Tom please call me just Evan. Okay?"

"Very well Master Evan".

"Again".

"Sorry Master Evan".

"Uhhhhhhh",I huffed and left the kitchen.

There was no one else inside the mansion and I guessed my father in law must have already left.

I went to the lounge and sat idly on the sofa. So I have a week before my so called three husbands would return. It was my second day in America and my parents had not called me. As if they care much. Had they cared about me they would not have forced me into such a situation. A 21 year guy married to three total strangers. How hilarious it sounds. There is only one thing which is keeping my hopes high and that is once this stupid arrangement is over I would be a free bird. It's just a matter of time Evan, I kept on telling myself.

"Master Evan your bread and milk", said Tom.

"Oh yeah.. thanks Tom", I said as I took the tray of breakfast from his hands.

I ate my breakfast and put the dishes in the sink. I decided to take a look around the mansion and so headed outside. As I had noticed earlier on my day one, front area was a large open lawn. I strolled there for few minutes and turned towards the back portion of the house. There was a large pool in the middle of the backyard. A beautiful garden stood surrounding it. I liked the view.

I took off my shoes and sat near the pool with my feet dipped in water and eyes closed. It was a totally relaxing feeling and I almost forgot all my worries. I thought about my life back in New Zealand. My High school crush. My first kiss. My college. Everything now seemed like a distant memory, like a movie I watched a long time back. I miss my friends, my country and yes my parents. I still love them even after the cruel game they had played with my life.

I took a deep sigh and stood and went inside the bungalow. I did nothing else and just laid on sofa watching T.V. It was only for lunch and dinner time that Tom spoke to me and I had to leave my place on dear sofa. It was 11.00 p.m by the time my eyes were totally exhausted after a long day of watching T.V. and so I got up and went to my room. I brushed my teeth and changed into a plain pajama bottom. Oh shit. I had to arrange my wardrobe. Forget it Evan, do it tomorrow and I fell onto the lovely bed.

Next day which was the third day of my stay in New York I did not wake up until 10:00 a.m in the morning. I woke up with a stiff back. So many hours of sleeping had left me lousy and grumpy. I headed for the bathroom and showered. What am I doing here besides eating, sleeping and showering. Get a grip on yourself Evan. This is probably the last blessed week of your life and you are just wasting it. I mentally scolded myself. I should live the last days of my life to the fullest. Yes, no more wasting time.

I dried myself and then wrapped the towel around my lower bottom and came out of bathroom. Now I have to look for my clothes. Hell yes. First task of the day would be to arrange my clothes I decided and so I unpacked all my luggage and started arranging my stuff in the wardrobe.

Jesus... I never realized I had so many clothes . I arranged them in the wardrobe and then unpacked my shoe boxes. Pair after pair I took out and wondered when did I buy those. After about an hour I was done with the unpacking business. A rumbling sound in my stomach told me that I was very hungry so I headed downstairs to the kitchen.

As usual Tom was already there. Man.. is he always present there or he somehow senses that the people who he is serving are hungry. Whatever , I greeted him with a polite smile which he returned back fully.

He served me the lunch which smelled amazing and I devoured it satisfying my hungry stomach.

"So Tom if it is okay to ask can you tell something about my husbands"?

"What is it that you want to know Master Evan?"

"Anything.. you know.. I mean.. well.. you understand", I stuttered nervously.

"Its not my place to tell Master Evan, you will soon know yourself", he replied with a mysterious smile.

The conversation ended and I went upstairs to my room.

One whole week passed and I did not stick to the resolve of enjoying to the fullest. I just laid on bed the entire week and just came outside for meals and sometimes for a walk near pool.

No body had called me. None of my husbands had called or shown up. My parents had not called either. It was only one time my father in law called just to check how was I doing. So much for showing concern. I think I don't exist for these people. Nobody cares about me. I am just a pawn in the games they play. With these thoughts my mood became sour.

I will be provided with accommodation and food during my stay here but what about my other expenses. How will those be taken care of, I wondered. I had a wealthy account back in New Zealand but that card will not work here and my money is not wired here. My parents had not opened any account for me in this country. How thoughtful of them? They must have thought I would be better off begging money from my husbands for my day to day expenditures. But I am not the one to degrade so low. I have to search for a job here so that I can atleast have enough money for my expenditure during my stay here.

I opened my laptop and started searching for jobs. I had a degree in interior designing and so I filtered accordingly. Eight jobs matched my skills and aspirations and out of them only three were based in New York. I applied to all the three jobs and sent my CV to the email ids provided there.

I fell asleep afterwards. A knock on the door woke me up. I glanced at the clock and it was 7 p.m. already. I had been sleeping on my laptop for three hours.

"Master Evan, you are required to pack some clothes and get ready within half an hour".

"Ok.. wait... what, why should I get ready and pack my clothes? Are you throwing me out so soon", I said quickly.

"No Master Evan, this is Master David's order".

David is the eldest of the triplets if I remember hearing my parents. So finally I am going to meet my husbands or better say husband.

"OK", I nodded and Tom left.

I started feeling nervous.Why did I start feeling anxious? It will just be a meeting and sooner or later I have to meet all my husbands. I forgot to ask about the packing business. Even if David has asked to meet me why had he asked to pack stuff with me? Is he thinking of going to honeymoon? Jesus.. what am I thinking. This is no such traditional marriage. Why would we go to honeymoon? I think the best answer would be to just go and see for myself. So I went to the wardrobe and scanned my clothes.

The big question- what to wear? I know that there wasn't any need to impress my first husband. This marriage was just a deal but I felt the urge to dress in the best possible manner. So I picked a plain black t-shirt with grey jacket and dark blue jeans .I changed and then packed a few clothes in a duffel bag. As time slipped my nervousness increased . I waited in my room for next instructions as I did not want to face my husband yet.

Finally Tom knocked again and gestured me to come downstairs. I swallowed hard and stepped outside my safe harbor which was my room since last one week.

I know this was short and slow but had to be written as I felt this being an important part of the story.

So guys, finally Evan will be meeting one of his husbands. I know you are all excited to meet him too.

So how about any guesses who plays the character Evan?

Check the cover and I hope you will get it. ;)