Chapter 25 - The Triplets (2)

I went to the dinner table and found it a bit crowded. I was not aware that this was the first family dinner since I came to the Sharkey mansion. If I had known about this I would have made myself more presentable. Mr. Sharkey, I mean dad was sitting at the head of the dining table. Adrian was sitting at his left and David to his right. Pat was sitting next to David. They were engaged in some conversation but all of them stopped once they heard me coming.

I felt embarrassed to be the last one to arrive and stood there awkwardly.

"Hey Evan, please sit. We were just waiting for you to start", Mr. Sharkey told me with a smile.

"I am sorry for coming late", I apologised as I took a seat besides Pat . He gave that cheeky grin with adorable dimple as I sat.

"Nonsense, this is no formal meeting, just a family dinner, one which was long overdue. Infact I should apologise for the last minute dinner plans but it felt right when all of us are here today", he told.

"Uh. O.. okay", I muttered. Damn my Gummy bears, why do they all turn into a mush in situations like this. Now I look to have a pigeon brain in front of my family.

Wait, family? Did I call them my family? But they are my family right, however temporary this could turn out even after whatever Dad said.

I glanced at the dinner table and my mouth instantly watered seeing the sight in front of me. Laid there were multiple food delicacies in various trays and glass dishes. There was broccoli chicken casserole , two trays with meat loafs and a sauce on the side. I could also see a creamy gravy thing which had peas and some other vegetables in it. And not to forget everyone's favourite Mac and Cheese.

"Tom made all this", Pat told me as he looked at my drooling face not literally I mean.

"Wow.. just wow. Tom is amazing ", I said and made a mental note to thank Tom for all his efforts for this dinner.

"Tom is the best", Pat chimed.

"I don't see Tom around. Where is he?", David spoke. This was the first time he spoke since I came to the dinner table.

"He is in the kitchen perfecting the dessert he made ", Pat informed.

"Let's not waste anymore time and devour this food", Mr. Sharkey said. All of us took the meal portions from various items in our plate and started eating.

The food tasted heavenly. I savoured each and every bite I ate. There was not much conversation going around, just small talks now and then. Everyone was probably busy with enjoying the delicious food.

I glanced at Adrian who was sitting diagonally to me and found him staring at me. I blushed and turned my gaze back to my plate.

"Hey so since we are doing this nice family dinner thing, let's have a movie night together", Pat suddenly suggested.

"Well this old man has some work so you guys carry on I will join next time ", Mr. Sharkey told.

"I too can not join", David said.

"Neither can I", Adrian spoke.

"You guys are boring", Pat pouted and looked at me with the puppy eyes and though my answer was already yes and even if it was no ,it would have turned positive looking at those eyes

"I..",

"No, you can not say no Ev", he pleaded.

"Of course I won't say no. I was saying yes before you interrupted you pigeon", I huffed.

"Thank God at least there is one more sensible person in this house" , Pat sighed dramatically.

"The other being?", Adrian raised his eyebrow.

"Me you idiot", Pat mocked.

"When will you guys grow up", David scolded.

I was watching the triplets banter and it was quiet amusing.

"Atleast I don't behave like an old man like you guys", Pat countered.

"Oh hello, who did you call old here", Adrian asked in a serious tone.

"You Ad and Dave here who act like old man all the time", Pat replied.

"And when the hell will you stop acting like a spoiled teenager", David spoke.

"Okay enough boys. You might scare the child here", Mr. Sharkey said.

All eyes turned to me and I turned red at being referred as child here. Everyone started laughing and I blushed further. I was amazed at the same time hearing Adrian and David laugh for the first time.

We all finished our dinner and then Tom arrived with dessert which comprised of Cream cheese coffee cake and vanilla ice cream.

All of us thanked Tom and indulged in the dessert.

Once dinner was over everyone left the table except me and Patty.

"So what do you wanna watch", he asked .

"I feel like watching action ", I replied.

"Hmm... Spider man?"

"Noo..",

"Okay , Avengers?"

"No.. want to watch something with more drama and romance along with action", I told him.

"Dark knight series then?", he suggested.

"Perfect ", I smiled as I kissed his cheek and stood to go to the living area.

He sat there dumbfounded staring at nothing .

"Pat.. you alright", I asked.

"Uhmm.. yeah.", he said and grinned.

I seriously need to ask him what was he hiding. I had seen him multiple times with that far away sad expression which he quickly covered with a grin.

We went to the living room and sat on the carpeted floor , our backs supported by the sofa after putting on the series.

Pat had been dozing on and off by the time second movie started , his head on my lap as I ran my hand through his soft hair. He nuzzled my stomach like a puppy . He always liked while I did this and I liked running my hand through his hair. He woke up when the third one started, It was the best of the series. I brought some chips and soda and we munched on them while watching the third part.

By the time it ended it was 1:00 in the morning. Both of us were sleepy and we bid each other good night and went to our rooms. I think the talk with Pat would have to wait for another day . I went to washroom to take a piss and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I lied down on the sheets with only boxers too lazy to change into pyjamas thinking about the wonderful dinner and the conversation I had with Mr. Sharkey and fell asleep.

*************************************************************************************

So yes a double update since this was a long chapter. :)

So what do you say about the dinner? Please vote and comment.

-Love,

Drizzle