Chapter 1 Plain Girl Meets Popular Boy!

Marinette wakes up late for school as usual!  She heads the door in a rush!  She arrives outside the school within a few minutes before the bell rings.  She bumps into someone!  

   "Hey watch it, girl!"  Adrien Agreste calls out when some girl bumps into him. 

     "Yeah, you heard him, Dupain-Cheng!"  Chole Bougerious, the mayor's daughter and most popular in school says. 

        "S-sorry," Marinette says and looks away. She runs up the stairs.

     As the bell rings, Chloe, Adrien, and Marinette all arrive in the classroom.

           "Girl, I am glad you made it!" Alya Cesaire, Marinette's best friend remarks as Marinette slides into her usual seat beside her.  

           Marinette smiles and sighs. She thinks about how cute Adrien is despite his rudeness. How can a boy like that be so dreamy?  Why his looks ought to be a crime!  Marinette thinks to herself.  

            Mrs. Mandeleve tells everyone to prepare for the Science Test!  

          Marinette groans when she realizes she forgot to study as she got in bed rather late last night.  She gets out her pen and a separate piece of paper just the same.  When Marinette sees the test, she smiles. She realizes she knows the answers to the first ten items. She answers them right away. Then, skip the next section and answers all the essay questions. She answers the bonus question as well and goes back and answers the remainder of them.  

       Marinette finishes and hands in her test earlier than anyone else.  As she returns to her seat she trips over Lila Rossi's shoe. Now, Lila is a female model, best friend to Chloe Bougerious, Sabrina Raincomprex, and Kagami Tsurugi.  Lila smirks at her as she winces in pain.  She hobbles back to her seat.  Just as she thinks her day can't get any worse the strap comes loose from her worn-out backpack.  

        Time skip to after school, the bell rings!

 Nino leaves before anyone else. Then, Alya, and so on!  Finally, Marinette heads towards the exit. She goes down the stairs and loses her grip on the book bag. She   trips over a coat and comes crashing to the bottom of the staircase. 

      "Whoa, watch out!" Adrien says. He catches Marinette to keep her from getting hurt. As he flashes a grin towards her, Marinette blushes. 

   Oh, no she thinks, I like this guy!  Why? why him?  

      "You okay? Anything, broken?" He asks. 

        "N-No, t-thanks for your h-help," Marinette tries to hobble off with her stuff. 

       Chloe glares at her in disgust.  Adrien ignores his beach blonde haired girlfriend as he offers to help Marinette with her things. He even gives her a  ride home much to the annoyance of Chloe!

To be continued in part 2  Chloe Threatens Marinette!

  Edits made to the chapter on August 27, 2020