Chapter Twenty-One

XXXXXXXXX

Chapter Twenty-One

XXXXXXXXX

Normani's POV

After we ate dinner, we thanked Quinn for her help and left the house. I drove us to Dinah's house and led Lauren into Dinah's house.

"They're in the back bedroom." Milika said as soon as she saw us.

"Thank you." I smiled softly at her and led Lauren into the room that Milika said Dinah and Camila were in. Lauren stayed quiet, her hands were shaking with nerves.

Camila was laying on the bed, holding a shivering Dinah close to her. "Hey." She said softly upon noticing us.

"Hi." I said quietly, leading Lauren over to the bed. Lauren looked at her feet.

"You can lay with us." Camila said softly, patting the area behind Dinah.

I nodded, taking off my jacket and shoes. I slid into the bed beside Dinah.

As soon as I laid down, I could feel how cold Dinah was.

Dinah shivered her grip on Camila loosening.

"Laur, baby why don't you join us." Camila asked softly.

"She had a panic attack earlier. I don't think she'll do much talking." I said softly, taking Lauren's hand and pulling her closer to the bed.

Lauren slowly crawled into the bed and buried her face in my neck.

"What happened?" Camila asked worriedly.

"Quinn showed us a picture of Dinah and Lauren panicked." I said, rubbing Lauren's back softly.

Sighing, Camila reached over and put her on Lauren's back.

Dinah shifted and moved closer to Camila. "C-cold."

"Have you called a doctor?" I asked softly, tucking the sheets under Dinah.

A sad smile grew on Camila's lips. "She said to keep Dinah as warm as possible."

Dinah was still shivering between us, even with the blankets around her.

Dinah's mother walked into the room carrying heat bags. "Put these around her. They should help." She said softly, handing the bags to Camila.

"Thank you." Camila said softly before looking at me. "I'm going to lift her up, put these under her."

I nodded, taking the bags from Camila. She lifted Dinah up and I slid the bags under her.

Camila slowly laid Dinah back down and Dinah immediately curls back into her arms.

I moved closer to Dinah, pulling Lauren with me. Lauren appeared to be sleeping.

Dinah relaxes against us and lets out a quiet sigh, her body slowly stops shivering.

I smiled softly, kissing Dinah's head and pulling Lauren closer to me.

Camila smiles softly, "This is the first time she's stopped shaking since last night."

"Really?" I asked, rubbing Lauren's back when she lets out a quiet whimper.

"Yeah, it's been rough." Camila said softly.

"Oh." I said quietly. "Sorry we weren't here." I rested my head against Lauren's.

"It's okay." Camila whispered as Dinah shifts in her arms.

Dinah shifts a few more times before suddenly sitting up. "Mila, bathroom." She gets out quickly, covering her mouth

I sat up, lifting Lauren into my arms and standing up.

Camila helped Dinah up and they left the room.

By the time they came back, Dinah was paler than before and once again shaking.