Chapter 10: Double Trouble

(A/N): Don't want to make this so long as it gets annoying, but after months, I decided to update this story. It was put to the side for so long because I'd lost interest and didn't have enough reads/votes/comments, but it's been getting some lately, so I thought I should treat you all with something. This is a chapter I wrote as I went along; unplanned. But maybe it's good? You decide and let me know!

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10: Double Trouble

Previously in More Than This:

 "You don't know me," he said serenely as he opened the squeaky car door and stepped out, shoving it shut with tremendous force making me jump. I was left alone in the oldest car in the parking space, with an only elegant white Ferrari a few yards away.

~~~

I was sucked into the typical negative thoughts of my low self-esteem the whole time Harry was gone. And even though he knocked at the window gently when he got back, I still jumped a little again as my mind was pushed back into reality.

I unlocked the doors and he drew the noisy door out towards him. He tossed the iPhone 4 charger onto my lap as he slid back into the driver's seat to get into a comfortable position. Then, he turned on the Navigation system he brought with the charger and asked for my address and I gave it to him.

I glanced at the charger and winced. It was known to my family and close friends that I didn't like people getting me things, at least those who owed me nothing. But now I needed this charger promptly. I reached out for it with resentment, connected one end to my phone and the other to the car, then laid as far back in the seat as I can. I noticed from the corner of my eyes the screen light up with feeble luminosity and a red strip at the bottom of a battery figure showed, indicating the battery charging. I lifted the arm rest between me and Harry and shoveled my phone in there, in case we made a stop and passerby's decided they needed a new phone.

"Thank you," I muttered in shame, eyes fixed on the Ferrari as it seemed to move while we backed up. I was determined to stay as silent as possible for the rest of the trip to avoid more trouble, and I thought about how I could repay Harry for all he's done so far.

"No problem," he said in such innocence that would make a newborn seem evil. There was something, some things about this boy I desperately wanted to know more about, but I wouldn't let my curiosity get the best of me like my mouth had earlier.

Trees were flashing by in the dark shades of the night, and only the dim headlights of the car kept little light a few yards ahead of us. The only sound between us was the sound of the calm wind whooshing by in the warm summer gloom. And even that seemed quieter than it would've been if I was all alone.

A few minutes of interminable silence felt longer than a lot of sleepless nights I've had in the past. I was scared to think, to get buried deeper into my nerve-wracking thoughts about what will happen whenever I get home and how the rest of my life could change from this one, little mistake.

I decided to do anything but think, so I attempted one more try with Harry, and chose my words carefully so I don't mess up again.

After replaying the words cautiously in my head, I repeated them out loud.

"Tell me about you," I almost whispered, still unsure if I should speak or not.

"What?" My question seemed to catch him off guard.

"You said I don't know you. Well, what do I need to know?" I clarified without thought this time.

"What do you wanna know?" The serious expression, again.

"Whatever you want me to know," it was nearly as if we're firing back at each other, like we're arguing. But we weren't...I wasn't.

"Well...maybe you'll find out more in the next few hours. Then you can decide if you want to know more." He now expressed the other side of him after peeking at me and fixing his eyes back on the road. Those to-die-for little dents on either side of his lips. It felt as though he was sure I'd be charmed by him by the end of the trip, but I kept reminding myself I can't fall for his looks like most teenage girls do; I had to at least know him more.

"Challenge accepted," I dared, slightly returning his friendly gesture. He smiled wider than I thought possible.

About an hour later, I woke up to the dazzling light igniting through a gas station. It took me a few seconds to recollect where I was and what was going on. The clock read 2:43 a.m. and I surveyed Harry's movements to know why we stopped, but he thought otherwise.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. Do you want to eat or drink anything? Or use the loo?" he chuckled sheepishly glancing away. "I meant the bathroom," he corrected.

I smiled to cover up his mortified moment and make him know it's okay. I wasn't used to leading others on in feeling bad, because I knew just how it's like to feel that way and wish for concealment. But I still wasn't ready to give in to his angelic disguise.

I was really hungry but I wasn't going to give that away..until my gurgling stomach did. He tittered humorously and now I was the one who wanted to hide under a mask.

"I'm sorry. But I'm really hungry, too, so it's okay. We will both get something to eat." I was baffled at how he returned the favor I did him seconds ago. I smiled.

"I'll go," I volunteered as I opened the passenger door and set my right foot out, but he quickly shook his head.

"It's not safe to let you go alone right now. I'll go," he stepped out and I stepped back in. He didn't look back until he was at the shop's door and realized I wasn't following. Was I supposed to?

He signaled me to come with a puzzled countenance, and he waited for me to lock the doors and catch up before he took another step.

"I thought you were going alone," I explained in an undertone as we stepped into the small store and he replied by silently taking a gander at me. Fair enough.

He placed his enormous hands across my back onto my right shoulder, leading me toward the back of the store as he scanned the shelves for appeasing food to fill us up.

"Harry!" I breathed suddenly and tugged on the hem of his white T-shirt. He saw what I was looking at and his facial features cloned mine.

--------------------------------

(A/N): I don't take weeks to write just one chapter, anymore, because I don't plan ahead. I decided to write as I go so I can update faster, so this chapter is a little different than the rest. Sorry for any mistakes, no proofread. But voting, commenting, and following will make me update faster, I promise..for real, this time! Love you for reading! xoxo

P.S.: If you must have an update goal, I'll publish Chapter 11 after this chapter gets 25 votes! Show me that you can do it, crazy mofos! By the way, what did you think of Niall's Ice Bucket challenge on Twitter/Vine? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

~Tina .x