Chapter 3: Runaway at the Sheraton

*Kate's P.O.V.*

I could slowly make out the sound of the water falling freely from the shower-head while Sarah was showering inside as I made my way into the room back at the hotel; I had to take a Taxi to get back to the enormous building, almost getting lost on my way back to our room, because I had forgotten what number it was. 225 is what I saw in big, black numbers as I walked through the door a few seconds ago, after having to ask the front desk. "I better remember that," I added a mental note to myself.

Aside from getting astray, my dad had called me earlier, right when I rambled out Starbucks's front entrance. You'd think he was furious with the fact that I left home this morning without informing him and you'd surely be correct; He expressed to me his "fatherly-love" by grounding me for two weeks from my phone. Better, yet, I'll have to go back home tonight; there's no staying in at the hotel. "This day just keep getting better and better," I thought to myself, loosening all my muscles to cascade on the twin bed, located on the opposite side of the door.

I gently closed my eye-lids shut, trying to finally rest for a while before Sarah dashes out the bathroom in her damp, unkempt hair, begging me to "hurry up and get dressed for the concert, tonight!" She was already enraged at what I'd done earlier today within the few minutes she had left to use the restroom. Not to mention losing her megaphone. She, then, phoned me for over an hour asking me about every second of my life, since I saw Harry till he went out-of-view completely.

I felt alarmed and frightened at the thought of tonight, wondering how I'll get through the concert , and then the Meet and Greet, without getting contempt and hate by the insane, out-of-control fans of this boy band. There was no way I'd get through the night safely, if not dead. But it's Sarah's birthday and I'd already upset her enough...now, there was absolutely no way out.

--------------

My eyes widened to the sound of the squeaky bathroom door sliding open, revealing the tall, blond birthday-girl who was supposed to be driving me home, tonight. She didn't even know I was grounded, yet, and the fact that she was still too irritated at me for what happened just hours ago made me think twice before I just blurted out what my dad had told me on the phone earlier. I decided on trying to make up with her, first, and then telling her what I deduced she did not want to hear.

"Sarah?" I swallowed nervously, lifting myself up to a sitting position on the comfortable duvet laying neatly underneath my body. I rested my back on the white, luxurious pillow.

"What." She spat back, unwrapping the white towel from her blond tendril’s unruly tangles, without intention of making any eye contact.

"Uh-um.." I decided by the tone of her voice that it was not the right time to tell her I was leaving tonight. "I'm sorry about the whole Harry drama that happened this morning." My body slowly shifted, uncomfortably.

"Nice to know." She said bluntly, combing her long, messy hair.

The awkward, yet unbearable moment lasted for a few seconds until I opened my mouth, attempting to speak again, but Sarah cut me off right before I even started.

"You know, everyone will hate you, now. All those millions of fans. And you'll be stalked by Paparazzi for the rest of your life." I could sense she was trying to scare me and make me regret what I'd done, but she failed to realize she was only making it worse for me and that I'd already regretted it. "I thought you hated Harry, anyway. Why'd you do that?! He doesn't need to be 'saved' from us! And you could've at least answered my calls!" Her head turned away from the mirror for only a brief second to glance back at me, her rising voice only making my tension rise. She paused for a moment with a confused look on her face, yet it looked like she just uncovered a criminal case.