{1} Pugs and Paints

You, (F/N) (L/N) have just moved to Evanston, where it is your first day at North Shore High.
This should be illegal! You thought as you entered, no 8th grader should have to move from (Your/Country) to Evanston! 

You gripped your pug notebook tight to your chest because it didn't just contain your schedule, it contained... secrets! Like, phone numbers, the alarm code and the date of your next flow!

The cogs in your mind were spinning as you tried to calm down the rollercoaster happening in your stomach at the idea of having to walk in in front of everyone. And you were so focused on that that you didn't notice the girl barrelling towards you, or the still-wet painting in her hands. Not until the paint was all over your brand-new top and pug notebook that is.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You couldn't help but curse as you tried to wipe the paint off. To no avail of course: you were only making it worse, smearing the colourful stains deeper into the fabric, and your incredibly overpriced pug notebook was now a mess on the ground, just to make things even worse!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" You we're about to look up to tell this girl that yes, she should be sorry because now you look like you've jumped straight out of some toddler's finger painting and you really wanted to make a good impression at class today, because hopefully that would help you make friends.

But then your eyes met, and the words vanished from your mind. Because she was... wow. The girl had black and blonde dip dyed hair, but actually managed to pull it off, unlike a lot of people you'd known that had tried the trend when it was popular. She was wearing a wicked cool jacket, with patches all over it and oh my god were they all painted on? That must have taken forever. And her dark red lipstick suited her perfectly and was a complete contrast to the paleness of her face. She was white as a sheet, and her eyes were wide, as if she was ready for you to scream at her. Which you were going to do but... was she scared of you? Why on Earth would anyone fear you? Especially this girl, who looked like she could kill you with a look if she wanted to.

"I mean, uh, don't worry about it. It's no big deal." She show her head at your sudden acceptance of the situation.

"No, no I'm such a clutz and I've ruined your top and your notebook is a mess!" She stumbled over the words quickly as she bent down to pick up the soaking wet pug quickly closing the back page as she saw all the secrets the were contained before continuing, "and I've ruined my painting but that hardly matters and-"

"Honestly, don't worry about it. I've got time to go and change." That was a lie, you were most definitely late to class now, but you found yourself not actually caring about it anymore. The nerves and sickness in your stomach about your first day at North Shore had disappeared. And replacing them was this girl, who now had colour coming back into her face as she realised the prospect of death by English student was becoming less likely, and she would live to paint another day.

There was an awkward quiet for moment, the only noise coming from other students walking around the corridors. But even that seemed far away and distant, no longer important. The girl looked down at your notebook, now drying out but still smudged and seemed to find the ability to speak again. "At least let me buy you another notepad?" You hesitated, wanting to accept her offer but also knowing you had a class. "If for no other reason than to appease my own guilty conscience?" Wow, guilt trip much?

In all honesty, you'd completely forgotten about the notebook in all the commotion. And quite frankly you couldn't care less about getting another one, (even though it was super cute!!) But you were intrigued by this artsy girl that was starting to terrify you in a good way. You took a breath and made a mental note to come up with some excuse to see your teacher later. Missing one class wouldn't hurt.

"How about we both get one?"