Chapter 18

Hiccup was in a sticky situation he didn't know what he would have to do

Hiccup was in a sticky situation he didn't know what he would have to do. He didn't know if he should let her know the truth. 

She was now extremely suspicious of what was going on inside.

"Hiccup let me in." She demanded.

"Um uh I can't let you um dad is talking about op secret chief stuff" he lied and she could see that from a mile away.

She reached for the handle but before she could walk through someone else opened the door. Satna stood infront of the door. Her face contorted into fear when she saw both hiccup and Rian at the door.

Godrick noticed her expression and walked over to her when he saw the 2 kids at the door. His expression resembled hers.

Hiccup stood silent looking at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing there was.

Rian looked back and forth between Satna and Godrick but in confusion raising her brows at their silence.

"Rian!" A voice cheerfully shouted.

A happy looking stoick appeared behind the 2 pushing through them and embracing Rian into a bone crushing hug.

Satna and her father came out of their trance looking at each other before glancing back at her.

"It's been a long time since we have talked Rian" he said joyfully pulling away and placing her back on the ground.

She seemed breathless from the very. Very tight hug. She placed her hand on her chest trying to steady her breathing her eyes still wide in shock from the sudden affection.

"Um y-y-yeah it's been a long time." She admitted panting between each breath.

He smiled then looked back at Godrick as if it was a sign for him to do something.

He noticed that finally having the will to speak "Rian there is something you need to know about your mother and what happened to her" he told.

Her full attention was driven to his words she was curious to know what truly happened. And why they had to keep it a secret.

Hiccup felt awkward in the situation he was in he took a deep breath then walked away still shocked about the information that he had found out about.

The thing that had to do with his best friend. He wants to tell her, but he realized the consequences of doing so. If he told her she would have ran away or.

She would've killed Godrick. 

Satna looked at hiccup suspiciously, she followed him ensuring that he doesn't see her.

Meanwhile with Godrick and Rian they were sitting within the haddocks home.

His mind was racing trying to find the right way to say this. He reached out for her hand as a way of comfort. Her hand flinched for a moment before resting.

"Rian... your mother as you know was not killed by a dragon. But a viking. There was a war and it was a planed ambush by the enemy." He pursed his lips in guilt cause he knew that he was the enemy. He sighed before continuing. "Many people were killed some were even-" he hesitated, looking at her innocent expression he didn't know if he wanted to tell her or not. " some were taken by the enemy. Young ones were taken.because they were most likely to forget all of what happened when they grew up."

She nodded processing everything that he was saying. Blankly looking at the floor before finally speaking   "I want to know. Why was my mother a dragon rider and us not".

That was it. That was when he knew that if he told her a lie she would know immediately that it wasn't true.

"That is something that I will talk to you about later alright" he smiled but she didn't return it at all.

She nodded before walking out of the house saying goodbye to both stoick and Godrick. 

Once she closed the door Godrick leaned back into the chair rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Stoick looked at him pitifully "she'll find out. She knows so much already" he said

"I know! I know. I just don't know how she would take it"

Stoick stood up and patted his friend on the back before walking out of the house leaving Godrick alone in silence.

Satna was spying on hiccup seeing him fill a basket with alot of fish. She saw that it was the time to confront him.

Standing up from her hiding spot she walked up behind him with her arms crossed over her chest "you know don't you?" She asked sternly.

Hiccup gasped turning around fear grew within him when he saw her. "Oh hey Satna h-hows it going" he said folding his arm then quickly putting them downat his sides. He honestly didn't know what to with his hands.

"Answer the question"

He flinched at her demanding tone. He suddenly gained confidence glaring daggers at Satna "yeah. I know.  I know everything." He said in utter disgust and disbelief "how. How? Why! Would you do such a thing lieing to her for 7 years and still to this day" he was at the verge of tears. In pain for his friend he felt bad for not letting her know.

Satnas hands fell to her sides. Guilt starting rising.

"She's so young and you let her become a killer. He killed her mother. And know he has the guts to call himself her uncle!?" He yelled. He saw her looking down at the ground "and you. How can you live with such at secret not even an ounce of regret could be shown to what you did" a stray tear fell down Her cheek.

He shook his head then turned back to the basket carrying it onto his back. He looked at back her with a scowl on his features "I don't even think your a hankrin" 

And with that he walked away. Leaving a woman filled with guilt.

Regret.

Pain. 

His words had such an affect on her. For a young man he knew how to say a speech.

She fell to her knees crying.

She hated herself so much. 

She was going to tell Rian. But when the time is right.