Chapter Two- Practice

"Tell me what you need, oh, you look so free
The way you use your body, baby, come on and work it for me
Don't let it get you down, you're the best thing I've seen
We never found the answer but we knew one thing
We all have a hunger"

"One more time! This time watch your footwork everyone. Let's take a five minute break and do it again."

I collapsed on the ground, my breaths shallow. Sweat dripped down my face, stinging my eyes and threatening to leave the burning taste in my throat. I took a sip of water, laying back down with an arm draped over my eyes.

I felt someone sit down next to me, making me remove my arm and glance at the figure next to me.

"Hey Tae." Namjoon smiled softly down at me before he too lay down on his back next to me. "I don't know about you, but this practice is kicking my ass today. I think I ate too much last night and its catching up to me."

I hummed in acknowledgement, unsure of why he was telling me such a thing.

"Did you, uh, overeat last night Tae?"

I turned my head to look at him with shock in my eyes. "W-What do you mean?"

Namjoon sighed. "I-I mean that you seen quite sluggish today. I'm trying to see if you're okay."

I shrugged, turning away so I was no longer facing him, catching Jungkook looking in my direction before he also turned away. "I just don't feel too well still. It's probably just a minor cold."

"Okay boys! Back to work!" The choreographer shouted.

I heard Namjoon try to protest but I stood up, speaking the next words without looking at him. "It's not a big deal, drop it hyung."

••••

We made our way back to the dorms following our dance practice. We were all sweaty, and exhausted. This practice had lasted longer then normal, getting ready for our big award show performance.

We had all gone our separate ways to clean up, change clothes, and relax. I had escaped to the bathroom to change into large sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt to hide my body. The cuts on my thighs were fresh, still not yet in the healing process. I sighed heavily before leaving the room and sitting down on my bed, admiring pictures of art on my phone, something I had started doing to ease my stress and anxiety.

"Hey Tae." A soft voice spoke after a few minutes of me sitting on my phone, making me look up.

A smiling Jungkook sat down at the foot of my bed. "Did you want to play some Overwatch? We haven't played together in a while..."

I checked the time on my phone and faked a yawn. "I don't know Kookie, I'm really tired."

He rolled his eyes, the tone of his voice hardening. "Bullshit. I know when you fake a yawn Tae." His facial features held a look of concern, mixed with sadness. He pushed himself off of my bed and left the room without another word.

Guilt crept up and clutched onto my throat, suffocating me. I couldn't breath. Tears filled my eyes. My head started to throb. I needed to get off of my ass and do something. I didn't want Jungkook to be mad or upset with me. I couldn't handle that.

I forced myself off of my bed, taking a second to get used to being on solid ground, and I made my way shakily to his room.

I knocked softly on the door, and opened it without waiting for a reply.

"Hey Kookie, um, I would love to play Overwatch with you." I gave him a genuine smile.

His eyes softened as he nodded, pulling up a chair for me to sit in and pulling out his extra controller. I gripped the furniture in my path to keep me on my feet.

Jungkook glanced over and saw me, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. "You okay?"

I nodded instantly. "Yeah, just tired from dance practice."

He didn't look convinced, but shrugged it off once I sat down.

•••

"That bitch!"

"I know! He just took our controllers and my snacks!" Jungkook pouted, crossing his arms over his chest, glaring at the closed door that Yoongi had just escaped from. He had come barging in, telling us to hush.

"I guess that means I should head back to my room." I stood up, gripping the desk for stability.

Jungkook stood up. "You don't have to, I mean, we can just talk like we used to! We haven't done that in a while."

I checked the time and frowned. "Oh Kookie... I would love to, but it's almost three am. We have to be up in a few hours."

He nodded, a solemn look in his eyes. "Okay, well, um, good night then?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded. "Good night, Kookie."

•••••

Short chapter still but I'm setting it up for some stuff, I promise.

Next chapter should be... interesting.😅

😅