Chapter 17

Normal P.O.V

"I want all of you to investigate this problem,"

That was the first thing which came out from the principal's mouth when Len and IA finally met him in his office. Surprisingly, Luka was there too-- Len came with a conclusion that only the three of them who got called, not all of the student council member. The student council leader also saw other teachers was in that office, he didn't know why the principal called them too.

Len straightened his body and spoke up with a polite tone, yet deep inside he was angry at the old man who was standing in front of him, "Sir, we can't do that. This is a serious problem-- a kidnapping which one of this school's student is the victim. We should either contact the police or hire a detective to investigate this. Student council was formed not for this kind of problem, sir."

"Len-kaichou. You do know how I feel about this school, right?" The principal countered, turning his body to the big window behind him.

The suspense in that room could kill anybody. Len didn't like the fact that old man acted as if he cared about their school, he knew the principal only cared to make a better school than anything else in his world. He always mentioned something about school's image every time when he had to talk with the student council.

Len held his intent to say what was in his mind and exhaled a patient breath through his nose, "Yes, sir. I do know that."

"Good. That means you shouldn't or you can't refuse this command from me. I don't want any police or detective involved in this, I want the three of you-- as the student council members, to investigate this problem without making any fuss among the students or people in the town."

Luka suddenly cleared her throat and took a tiny step to the front, Len was sure that girl still couldn't accept the ridiculous command, "Sir, I kindly want to tell you that, if we don't get the police involved, there will be another victim."

"How can you know that will happen? Luka-san, I know you are also against this decision of mine; but no matter how hard you try to threaten me, there is no way I will change my mind."

There was a moment of silence in the tense room.

"Start investigating tomorrow and report everything-- even a little details -- to me when the school ends. You're all dismissed now." He waved his hand without any care which really pissed Len, the blonde boy gritted his teeth and walked out from the cursed place, slamming the door behind him without caring it would anger the old man.

Luka leaned on the wall in front of him, arms crossing with a stern expression on her face. "We're seriously going to do it?"

"We don't have other choice, senpai." Len uttered, rubbing his blonde locks in frustration.

"Where do we start, kaichou? This kidnapper doesn't leave any trace, which means he or she is smart." IA gave him a perplexed look.

"Let's start by asking the victim's close friends tomorrow."

•◈•◈•◈•

"The principal asked you guys to do it?" Miku raised one of her eyebrow when she heard the shocking news from Len himself.

Rin watched the blonde boy leaned against the wall behind him, slurping his banana milk lazily. His hair seemed messier than usual, "Yeah. He doesn't want to ruin the school's image by getting police or detective involved."

"What? That is ridiculous. Listen, kaichou, I can tell my brother about this and he can help you secretly with your investigation." Miku offered.