Chapter 18

Normal P.O.V

Another girl went missing.

It was the only thing in Kagamine Len's mind as he tried to pay attention to the talking person in front of him, the principal who got really panicked because of the repeating case. The first victim got kidnapped one day ago, and not long after that another girl went missing without leaving any trace behind. What frustrated him more, they even hadn't found any information that could lead to the actual kidnapper, they had a suspect, but of course-- proof was needed.

"I have to lie to her parents that I've already reported this case to police. All of you need to investigate faster before the kidnapper case another problem again." The old man stated as he put on a stern look on his face, it didn't manage to threaten Len however.

The student council president held his intention to exhale an offending sigh to the man in front of himself, "Sir, we still couldn't find any evidence that could help. Everyone has their own alibi. It is possible to finish this case in just one day. Besides, we're a student, not a high class detective." He sharpened his tone at the end.

Len watched the old man furrowed his eyebrows at his talking, the blonde boy knew that man got a little bit offended but he decided to hide it as much as possible. "Listen, Len-kaichou. I know you're against the decision to investigate this case. But I am the one who's responsible for taking care of this school, this is my school, my rule. You must do what I want you to do."

Len felt IA and Luka took a step back a little when that man suddenly turned intimidating. But that still didn't affect Len who was standing straight in front of the two girls, he knew the decision to investigate the case without telling the police was wrong and ridiculous since the principal did it for the sake of school's image.

"I am aware of that, sir. But lying to the students parents is wrong. They lost their daughters and you are asking us who don't have any experience in something like this. It's just like you're messing with them in order to protect the school's image you love so much." Len narrowed his eyes as he clenched his fist. The anger was burning in himself that it felt hard for him to breathe, the air in the room suddenly felt too suffocating.

"You think talking like that would change my mind? Didn't you just report to me that all of you already suspect a female student named Akita Neru? Then the only thing you do next is to focus on that one girl, and maybe with that you can finish this cursed case faster like what I actually want, kaichou."

IA suddenly stepped to the front, startling Len a little who was busy thinking the perfect reply for him, "Sir, I am afraid that we can't continue investigating this case anymore. We need to report this serious problem to the right person, a detective would be nice, or a police. As you clearly know, we are only students, sir. The school didn't form student council to do things that aren't their job."

"I see that you finally can talk, Fuyuka-san. As far as I know, you were just standing at the back while fiddling with your fingers like an useless person. You too, Luka-san, I thought you were more mature than this blonde president, but I guess you two are only his tiny followers."

Something sparked in Len, "You--!"

"Investigate this case further. Search any evidence and information. FIND the real kidnapper. I don't accept any of your complains or threats. You're all dismissed."

•◈•◈•◈•

"Oh.. If killing a person isn't a sin, I would just stab that old man right on his big nose with a knife." Luka mumbled from his right side, where her seat in the student council was.

After the argument between them and the principal ended, they immediately went to the student council room and broke every little thing in there without feeling any regret at all after doing it. IA and Luka was slouching on their seat as Len was staring at the pile of works on his desk blankly, he had lost an intention to read those. The student council members who were there looked at them in confusion, especially after Luka mumbled something about killing a person. What felt really odd for them, IA who always seemed professional and cold every time she entered the student council room, was putting her head against her table while mumbling inaudible words.