Chapter 1 - ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅᴏ.

"So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons

"So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most if them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

[A/N: The quotes are like how Taryna sees the world, I guess. I don't know I just liked it and you could understand her more or her personality xD]

Taryna

I tried not to make myself noticeable, because I either say something stupid or do something stupid. Especially today, because today I was left alone by my best friend and my cousin.

I sighed and closed my locker where I hid my face and tried to look busy, when it finally rang for the next school lesson.

We had chemistry and that meant I was sitting alone because my best friend, Freddie, isn't there.

Why did she have to be sick in the days I needed her urgently?

Because Stiles and Scott sit behind us and if Freddie or I were sick, the other one must join them in a project.

With Stiles and Scott.

If you don't know yet, Scott is my crush since ..., actually always.

If at least my cousin were here, then it would be wonderful, but she has caught the cold from Freddie and is now at home. Definitely on the dying.

At least that's what they wrote for the hundredth time both of them in or group chat, that they're dead or dying.

I sighed and tried to distract myself. Actually, I liked chemistry, but I didn't want everyone to think how 'funny' I am.

Have you ever heard me speak?

I always embarrass myself ...

And if I didn't embarrass myself, I like to embarrass other people.

Most of the time it was Freddie, Masilya or Erica. But Erica has become cool, however she did that.

I'm really happy for her, but she left us three in the cold. She should continue to have a nice life, but I just don't care about her anymore, she's dead to me. [Foreshadowing xD]

I was used to it.

Sounds sad, but now rather than years later.

"Today we will do partner project, Topaz please turn to your replacement partners," our chemistry teacher explained to us and smiled at me.

Why am I so unlucky?

All I'm saying is, I have a lot of bad luck, most of the time with buses or me being late.

Yes, long story. But what you need to know about me is, I was always late, no matter when, no matter where. Except when it comes to food or my favorite telenovela. Then I'm a Ferrari.