Chapter 6 - sᴏ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ʜᴏᴡ ᴄɪɴᴅᴇʀᴇʟʟᴀ ғᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ?

"you treat them as if they have a heart like yours, but not everyone can be as soft and as tender as you

"you treat them as if they have a heart like yours, but not everyone can be as soft and as tender as you. You don't see the person they are, you see the person they have the potential to be. You give and give, till they have taken everything out of you and leave you empty."

Scott

We had physics with Coach Finstock, but no one really paid attention to what he was talking about.

In a few hours the winter ball is going to start, everyone was happy about it. Of course, I was looking forward to it, too, we only had the last few days our hands full with the Alpha Pack.

The last few days we also had a lot to do with Taryna, Masilya and Freddie. Isaac and I knew what they were. And Taryna knew what we were.

We didn't really talk much about her, only I knew she was a witch and her mother was murdered in the Hale House fire.

As we talked about Taryna, I've often caught myself staring at her lately.

Like right now, she was sitting in the back of the room, and was on her phone.

She didn't like physics, maybe because she didn't understood it herself. However, she is good at chemistry and biology, isn't that the same?

"McCall!" Coach Finstock called after me.

Not again...

I looked at him expectantly, turning to face him, before Taryna saw me staring at her.

I really have to stop doing that ...

"Sit down next to Topaz, you two will be partners for the rest of the lesson," he told us, pointing to the seat next to Taryna with a pen.

I looked at him in surprise, since when do we make partner works in here?

"If it works for you, then it should happen in the next few seconds,  McCall," he added.

I nodded, packed my things and sat next to Taryna.

"Hi," I admitted shyly.

Come on, Scott, you and your friends fought against Peter as an alpha and Jackson as a kanima, and you're still way to shy to talk to a girl?