↠ 10

"I don't think I can feel my legs anymore..." You muttered as you were walking back to your apartment. You just got off of work a few minutes ago and since winter was approaching the evening was a bit chilly. The sky was almost turning dark; though the streetlights had just turned on a few moments ago.

You glanced around as a shiver went down your spine. It felt as someone was watching you. You looked towards the dark forest and saw nothing. All you did was speed up your walk in order to get to the comfort of your apartment.

A few minutes later, you arrived at the complex and went inside in your apartment. Yes, you did look back once in a while to confirm your suspicions of someone not following you. You didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Only a couple of other people that were trying to get home as well.

The next day you entered the back of the cafe ready for your shift. Hopefully today, you would have a peaceful day, but when you entered the front of the shop, it felt wrong. Usually there would be people outside waiting to get in, but there were only a couple of people that were outside.

"Why is it empty today?" You questioned Yuto who finished placing the treats in the display case.

Yuto whipped around and lightly glared at you. "Why didn't you tell me?"

You blinked at him. "What do you mean?"

Yuto sighed angrily. "Haven't you seen the news report? They just released the whole story now." You responded back a shake of a no. "At that festival you went to, someone was attacked!"

"Oh, I just didn't want to tell anyone. I don't know..."

Yuto bit his lip. "She was almost murdered, did you know that?" Your wide eyes told him everything. "You didn't, did you? What would have happened if that was you?" He slightly raised his voice.

You've never heard him raise his voice. Never where it was directed at you, but other people. You slightly flinched. "I-I'm sorry, I just... I didn't know what to think..."

Yuto sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He patted your head. "Just be careful out there and tell me if something ever happens like that again. I gotta protect you, I promised you."

Just like a fish, you stared at him until you realized what he was talking about. "It was a huge spider and I said it in the moment! I told you not to talk about it!"

"Is that why you called me at eleven o'clock at night to kill that spider for you?"

"Spiders don't belong in my bed! And that thing was fucking huge! It was literally the size of my hand!" You defended.

Yuto chuckled in amusement. "But seriously though, be careful. I thought the woman was you and I got worried. I'm only looking out for you as your best friend." He gave you a smile.

"Thanks." You smiled back at him. You felt a certain happiness that you knew you always had someone to rely on.

Just then, the little bell dinged as a customer entered the cafe. They had taken a seat at one of the tables. Yuto handed you a menu. "Go and tend to him."

"Alright, alright." You accepted your fate and took the menu. Quickly, you went to the lone man and plastered on a bright smile. "Hello and welcome!" You placed the menu down and were frozen for a bit as the man stared at you.

"Oh, hey, you're the one I ran into the other day, didn't I? You ran away after I talked to you, you're running girl?"

It was the living art man. The one you almost ran into with the ice cream when you were heading to the restaurant.