↠ 38

Running your left hand through his hair, you awkwardly started to edit the paper you finished last night. You two were in the library where you felt like you needed to finish up this paper or else you wouldn't do it this week. Being the loyal person he is, Jungkook stayed with you in the library.

Your eyes scanned through the walls of text and yet you still felt those doe eyes on you. Sure, it was hard to concentrate but you needed to pass this class. It's not like you were able to take it again next year because who can even spend that money again? As you went back to correct a few sentences and grammar, Jungkook rested his arms on the table and snuggled his head in the crooks of his arms. Though he still kept on watching.

You bit the inside of your cheek to keep you focused on the paper in front of you. Yes, he was cute but you needed to finish this today. That way, you can easily have a breakdown tomorrow and possibly cry that the semester was starting to get close to the end.

While you were kept busy, Jungkook let a soft smile creep onto his face. It was sort of amusing to see you get frustrated over the essay. Your eyes would narrow once in a while when you stumbled onto a sentence that didn't make sense or why the hell you would write it in. Sometimes you would bit your lip in frustration when you wanted to type something out, but it didn't come out right. To say the least, he was entertained for a bit.

Like a snake, Jungkook let his other arm extend and was quick to close the laptop lid. When he did that, you shot him a glare.

"I'm working here." You stated but Jungkook grinned in response.

"You look frustrated." He said. "Maybe we should take a break. Hm, what do you say?"

You shook your head. "Nope. I need to finish it or else I'm just going to do it at the last minute and then I'll be panicking." Then you opened up the lid again and was met with your essay staring at you.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why not a ten minute break? We can just relax for a bit."

"Sounds tempting but nah." You returned your attention back to the screen. Jungkook let a small frown appear on his face. If he wanted to get in this competition, he needed to step up his game. An idea formed in his head and he let out a smirk on his face.

You knew he was planning something. From the corner of your eye, you could see some little devious smile on his face. You weren't sure what but it was something. As you trained your eyes back on a particular sentence that made you wondered what was going on in your mind at two in the morning, Jungkook stood up silently and walked behind you.

With a grin, he wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you up. A small noise escaped your throat from the sudden movement and you turned to glare at the youngest werewolf. "Put me down, I need to finish this!"

"Sure, I will." Jungkook literally heaved you up onto his shoulder and now you were hanging off his shoulder.

"This is not what I mean. I said put me down." You sighed and then you felt him shift around and he started walking to the available couch. Confused, you stayed silent for a bit as he bent down to put something on the floor. You're not even sure how he even did it, but the male leaned against the arm rest to spread out his legs and let you sit in between his legs. It was all in one fluid motion.

Before any other words could come out your mouth, he leaned to the side and presented you with your laptop. "Now we can be comfortable," said Jungkook in a happy tone as he settled more against the cushion. "You can finish up now."

You released a sigh. "Do I even have a choice anymore?"

"Nope." His strong arms wrapped themselves around your waist to encourage you to lean against him. Rolling your eyes, you gave in and leaned against him. Faintly, if you listened close enough, you could hear his heartbeat thump. He rested his chin on the top of your head.

You let out a huff before focusing your attention back on the essay. His breath would ruffle your hair now and then and it took your attention away just for a minute. You continued going through the paragraphs, mumbling to yourself the sentences to see if they were proper enough. After another fifteen minutes or so, Jungkook shifted and one of his legs wrapped around yours. He tightened his grip a bit as he seemed to cuddle more into you.

If that was even possible.

Still, he kept quiet as you continued on editing this paper. Only three more pages! You can do this. Hyping yourself up, you dove right in. When your eyes came to the last period, you let out a sigh of release and mentally cheered to yourself. You saved the work twice (it was a habit) and closed the lid to your laptop.

"Finally done?" Jungkook said in a low voice that was right next to your ear.

"Yup. Now I feel mentally drained." You replied.

Jungkook laughed, his whole body shaking slightly. "Now, can we have some fun?"

"Like playing video games or something?" You questioned the younger male, completely ignoring if there was an undertone to it. He would sometimes talk about the new games he was playing.

He hummed to let you know that he was considering the idea. "Maybe." He gently nipped your ear and you could slightly feel his canines that came out. "But maybe we can talk."

"About?" You asked, now slightly worrying that another Jimin like incident accident was going to happen.

"Like if Jimin did anything to you the other day."

Of course he had to bring that up.