I've Got Your Package

It had been over a month since your boyfriend Silas moved out of the house you'd shared.

You couldn't say you missed his horrible snoring, or the way he used to hog the covers, and you most certainly didn't miss the faint aroma of his assistant's perfume all over his clothing when he'd come home after a long day at work.

But at night, when you were nestled snugly in your big soft bed and surrounded by an endless expanse of lavender sheets, the loneliness would inevitably kick in.

On one particularly chilly November evening, you decided to buy yourself a little something special. Logging onto the computer, you selected a gorgeous emerald green and gold bed sheet and comforter set and added it to your cart.

There.

Now you had something to look forward to after work next week: luxuriating on a ridiculously high thread count, even if it was all by yourself.

The days passed at a snail's pace, your boss becoming even more demanding as the holidays drew near. On Thursday, you unlocked the door and threw it wide open before making a beeline to the bar cart and pouring yourself a double shot of vodka.

You didn't notice the gentleman standing at your door until the clear liquid was traveling down your throat, leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

"Oh!" You gasped as you felt your cheeks burn, your eyes widening as you drank in the uniformed stranger.

"I'm sorry to startle you," he said softly. "I just need you to sign for this package."

You smiled at the handsome United Parcel Service delivery man whose nametag read Elijah, his brown uniform hugging his body in all the right places.

After setting the glass back down on the cart, you made your way over to the door sheepishly, and signed the device in his outstretched hand.

"Thank you," you murmured, noticing the flicker of something in his chocolate brown eyes. As he handed you the large box, you bit your lip to keep yourself from saying anything embarrassing.

"Have a nice day," he said with a sexy half smile, and you watched him walk back to the truck with a lustful gaze.

After shutting the door behind him, you shook your head. Whoever designed those brown uniforms sure knew what they were doing.

Later that night, as you lay happily in your new green sheets, you pulled your laptop over and made a few more purchases.

____________

"Please, Y/N? Bonnie was supposed to go with me, but she bailed at the last minute for a date with a doctor."

As you unlocked the door, you kicked off your heels, grumbling at the man on the other end of the phone call.

"Fine, Damon, but you owe me. It barely leaves me enough time to find a gown," you sighed, not at all excited about a trip to the mall three weeks before Christmas.

"I knew you'd come through. Thanks, Y/N. You're the greatest."

"Yeah, yeah."

Disconnecting the call with an angry huff, you almost slammed the door in the face of the delicious delivery guy.

"Ooh! I'm so sorry!" A mortified squeak escaped your lips as you realized your current crush was smiling at you from the doorway.

"We must stop meeting like this," he smirked, handing you a stack of boxes.

You took them with a grateful smile, wishing you had at least touched up your lipstick or fixed your hair before he arrived with your latest purchases.