Chapter Two

Tom.

I set my checkered suitcase carefully in the back of Edd's car. Matt's and Edd's were already in there, and we were all waiting on Tord. I got in the passenger side of the car, and shut the door softly. As soon as I sat down, I immediately put my earbuds in, and turned on my music. 

Soon enough, we were all on our way. Edd was driving, since it was his car, Matt and Tord were in the back, none of us talking. A few minutes later, a conversation started, but I didn't care enough to listen. Not that they would notice.

Edd.

I looked to the side at Tom, before turning my eyes back to the road. Matt and Tord were talking, about useless things. Tom has been worrying me lately.. He seems.. so out of it.. As if nobody else is there.

I looked in the rear view mirror, and saw Tord, glancing at Tom concernedly? No, it's not that. Mischievously. Suddenly, Tord changed the subject, to pineapples..? I glared at him in the mirror.

"Don't do anything to upset Tom." I said, still glaring. Tord shrugged, and turned back to Matt.

It was another twenty minutes until we finally got to the airport. We had to fly all the way to California, from London. This was going to be a long flight.

Tord.

I was going to sit next to Thomas, to annoy him, until I realized that if I did that, I'd have to sit next to Jehovah for eleven hours. I wasn't about to do that. We couldn't get four seats all in a row, but we did get two next to each other in two sets. Two of them in the front, and two in the back. I wanted to sit in the back, because if the plane was going down, the back was the safest place to be. I wasn't about to die on this plane.

Once we had gone through security checks, and were boarding the plane, I went to the seat in the back. A few moments later, Edd walked over to me, and sat down next to me.

"Jehovah, and Matt sitting next to each other?" Edd nodded.

"It was my choice. You two will not be fighting on this plane." I rolled my eyes, and tuned him out, by putting my read headphones on, and turning up my music.

-Time Skip.

Tom.

I stood up, my legs numb. I felt the tingling sensation of the blood flowing back into my legs. It hurt, but I didn't care. While I stood there, silently, the others complained about something or other.

Once we had finally gotten our bags, we started walking to the hotel where we would spend a day, until we could finally get on the ship. I just wanted this trip to be over with.

Tord poked my face. I sighed. I'm not in the mood to fight with him right now. 

"You okay, Jehovah?" Tord said, his voice laced with fake concern. I shrugged, and kept walking, my suitcase rolling on it's wheels behind me. I looked to my right, and saw a small cafe. 

"I'm going to get a drink." I said, turning into the cafe. I opened the door, and the bell jingled slightly. I went up to the counter and the server greeted me.

"Hello, I'm Josh, what would you like?" He said, his voice infused with an American accent.

"Just a black coffee." I said. He looked at me, surprised.

"You have a nice accent, where are you from?" He asked, politely. I sighed.

"London." 

"Wow! I've always wanted to go to London!" The bell jingled again, but I didn't pay much mind to it.

"Yep. Nice place." I said, dryly. I just wanted coffee.

"Well, Jehovah, we've been waiting for the past ten minutes, are you gonna come out anytime soon?" Tord said, from behind me, scaring me. I heard a gasp.

"You have an accent too! Where are you from?" The server 'Josh' said excitedly.

"Uh, Norway..?" Tord said, as if he was unsure. But I just knew it caught him off guard. 

"Norway is great! I went there once on vacation!" I gave Tord a look that said 'I've been waiting for ten minutes as well.'

"Could I get my drink please?" I said, angrily. Josh nodded and handed me my coffee. 

"That'll be five dollars please!" I put my hand in my pocket, and grabbed five pounds. Shoot, I didn't exchange my money.

"All I have is pounds, will that work?" I asked. Josh gave me a sympathetic look.

"No worries, Thomas, I'll pay." Tord said, giving Josh the five dollars I was missing.

"Thanks.." I mumbled, and started for the door, Tord in pursuit.

I gave him the five pounds I had. Tord nodded, and stuffed the money in his pocket. Edd and Matt sat there, looking at all the sights of California. It was really hot, even though it was pretty late.

"Let's go to the hotel. Please." I said, still unhappy. I haven't been genuinely happy in a long time. Sounds depressing, but it's true. I'm just a loser, that's probably self diagnosed with depression.

You are just faking it for attention.

I ignored the thought in the back of my mind, by looking at all the bright lights of the city. Finally, we made it to the hotel. I stood in the background, and waited for Edd to check us in. Edd always seemed to be the most responsible one.

Edd and Matt walked off, Tord and I followed. There were two rooms, I went into the one on the left, claiming it as my own. I walked in, and there were two beds. I picked the one closest to the window. Tord walked in. 

Ew, do I have to share a room with him?

It's not like he'd want to be in the same room as you, nobody would.

"Edd and Matt called the other room. This was not my choice." Tord said, bluntly. I nodded slowly, and laid on my back, on the bed. 

I stared blankly at the ceiling.

Tord just wants to be rid of you.

Edd and Matt don't care about you.

Why are you still even here?

Why don't you just leave?

Nobody would care.

Things are all going to be better from here..