둘.

i let out a sigh, gaze going down to the table. this was the third time my blind date left me this month, saying i'm not their type or whatsoever. am i not handsome enough for them? taking a sip from my drink once again, i shrugged to that question. well, after all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

but then i saw a girl figure taking a seat in front of me. it wasn't that girl earlier, obviously. i squinted my eyes at her, a bit shocked and confused at her presence. she just smiles at me, despite the confused look that i gave her. taking out the lollipop from her mouth, she asks, "what're you doing here, alone? don't you have a blind date or something?"

i gave her that 'duh' look, staring right into her eyes. she somehow understood that and nods her head. "ahh, she said you're not her type again, huh? that's the third girl this month, right? poor you." i stared at the table, too tired to even look at her face. she was right, after all. we stayed like that for a while. in our own different worlds, before a question popped up in my mind. i looked up at her, who seems busy playing with her phone.

"hey, what are you--"

my question was interrupted when her phone started to ring. showing her palm to me, she picked it up quickly. her head nodded in agreement as her glance shifted to her side, no longer looking at me. she asked the caller a few unnecessary questions that i don't think i need to hear them. after many seconds, she raised her hand up in the air.

"yeah, i'm raising my hand. do you see me?" shifting glances all over the room, i searched for the person that most probably was calling her. then i saw a young, good-looking guy putting down his phone, making his steps towards our table. he was panting, his face was red. he arrived at our table, eyes glaring dahyun in anger. which she replied it by smiling sheepishly.

"aish, i told you to wait for me, you little brat!" he raised his voice, knocking her head once. the knocking sound was so loud, that it successfully caught my attention. i stared at them in silent, too afraid to make a move. she pouted at the unknown guy, tugging his arms in an adorable way.

their bickering kept going on for few minutes, and i was getting annoyed already. not jelly, just annoyed. i faked a cough, successful in grabbing their attraction. their eyes widened at me in unison, which i replied them back by grinning. the guy's brows knitted together as he points a finger at me, confused. "who is this? wah, i left you only for a minute and you already got yourself a boyfriend, huh?"

i felt the atmosphere getting heated as the guy continues to glare at me, up and down. gulping, my gaze went down. i noticed her fingers lingering on the guy's hand and soon, she's already pinching it hard. soon, i heard him yelping in pain, begging dahyun to let him go. i chuckled silently as i observed them.

"this is jungkook, jeon jungkook!" she scolded him, glancing at me and then at him back. he then nodded, mouth turned into an 'o' shape. rubbing the back of his neck, he responds, "ah, that jeon jungkook? why don't you say it earlier?" surprisingly enough, his attitude changed towards me. a smile stretched on his lips, making me avert my eyes from his gaze. his suffocating gaze.

swallowing hard, i kicked dahyun's leg softly under the table. startled, she jumped a bit from her seat. her gaze glued on me, enlarging her monolid eyes. i did the same towards her, signalling her to tell me who the unknown guy is. probably realizing what that stare was for, she nodded her head, pointing a finger at him.

"this is my brother, kim myungsoo."

he did a peace sign, beaming ear to ear at me. which made me realized, the way they smile really resembles each other. and the way they act is kinda same too. weird, 'cause i thought they're a couple before she introduced him. thank god i was wrong, i guess.

"you know, dahyun always talk about how handsome you are. i guess she's right." dumbfounded, i glanced over the girl who was sitting right in front of me. her pale skin was all red, her gaze went down. it was a rare sight to see her blushing this bad. he continues ruffling her ginger head, despite dahyun who's looking like a huge mess.

"w-what're you looking it, dumbass?"

a question slipped out from her mouth, specifically towards me. shocked, i blinked my eyes a few times at her. and soon, our eyes met. only one word popped into my mind at that moment. one single word.

cute.