11| between bedfelt conversations.

Marcus's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

There was so much I wanted to say. So much I wanted to tell her.

I wanted to comfort her, to tell her that it was okay, and that I was here.

But she didn't want that.

Oof!

My glove covered hands hit the punching bag, sweat pouring down my back and face.

That bastard.

We were never close, never would I associate myself with such an egoistical prick who though he was walking on air. His attitude mended with his Sister's, Jenin, I couldn't stand them.

It's amazing how the people we usually pass by without a second glance nor thought, will have the worst stories, and will hide the most pain.

Nobody knows?

So what? He goes away and that just magically makes her feel better?

What about the silence she has to keep? Keeping it to herself, in her mind, it's toxic.

"Marcus!" My mom calls and I huff, walking away from the punching bag.

"Yea?!"

"Boy! Who do you think you're answering? I am not your little friends!" I roll my eyes and remove my gloves, trudging up the stairs.

There she stood, her hands on her hips as she scowled down at me.

"Yes mother." I tease and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Your father wanted to see you. He's in his office." She says, and I nod.

"Let me freshen up first."

"Wait." She practically skips back to the kitchen, her curly short hair falling over her eyes, shaved flat at the back. She comes back out with a tray of cookies and I grin.

"Here." I take two, placing a sweaty kiss on her cheek to which she curls her hand into a fist, and punches my arm. Her scowl now a glower.

"Ow!" I yelped, nearly dropping my cookies and she huffs, giving me a satisfied smile before disappearing. I shake my head, as I walk to my room, practically swallowing the cookies whole.

Taking a quick shower, I pull a plain white T-shirt over my head, and some knee length cotton pants.

"Dad?" I stopped by his office door, and drummed my nails on it. He looked up, a small smile gracing his face as he removed his glasses.

"Hey son, come in." I plop myself onto his office chair. My dad was in his late 50s. A bulky man, with already graying 'hair' if it could be called that.

He had brown eyes, like the rest of us, and the personality of a humble worker.

I loved him.

Ew.

"Your birthday is in a few weeks, and I was wondering if there was anything you'd like to do?"

My dad was an earlier planner, our summer vacation is already planned, and the tickets are bought.

We were in January.

"Ah not really, I'll probably just chill with my friends."

and hopefully Morose.

"Okay. If you change your mind, let me know."

"Sure thing."

| M O R O S E |

Damn Marcus for letting me get so close!

It's been a week and I'm already thinking of him and ways that I have no business thinking of.

I can't believe he brought me to Chief and the crew, I can't believe he—

"Morose?"

"Hey Ben." I sigh, as I push away my laptop, my legs crossed.

He sits next to me, staring straight forward as I knew exactly what was going to happen, so I avoided it.

"I met Phor, Chief, Martin, and Bentley today." I murmur, and this immediately catches his attention.

"You did?" I nod.

"They miss you." His eyes light up, before dimming and looking forward again.

"How are they?" He merely whispers and I shrug.

"They're good. The same silly personality." I chuckle softly but Ben doesn't move an inch. I hated it. "I miss them." I whisper and he blinks, his fists were white.

"I do too." Was all he said. Nothing more. My heart broke.

I did this. I broke him to the point of. . . Of robot like behavior to anything that didn't involve me. He didn't deserve this.

"We should visit them sometime. . . They—,"

"How exactly did you get on that side of town?" His jaw was ticked and I gulped. Should I lie?

"I got a ride from a friend I—,"

"A friend that knew them? That's a coincidence." He shrugs. "I'm glad you didn't bother lying, because I drove by your school and your car was there."

"Are you skipping school Morose?" He asks and I run a hand through my hair.

"It was only today. It won't happen again."

"It should not." He confirms, finally glancing at me and I drop my eyes to my feet. He sighs. "But I'm glad you went to see them."

"Who's this friend?"

"A guy named Marcus." I reply and he immediately tenses up.

"He's not like Gray." Why was I defending him?

"I didn't say he was." Ben says simply. "Be careful please." He says, and I nod. He places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I will."

_ _ _