17| behind the party

Morose's POV
_______________________
B E T W E E N
T H E
L I N E S
________________
"Don't mind the errors," ~Cr4vinz

PHEW, I'M GOING to a party.

Staring at myself through the full length mirror, every five minutes I would tell myself to just take off the dress and go back to sleep.

But there was something in me that felt like I needed this. I needed to go.

There was only about seven more minutes until Marcus came to pick me up, and my hands were sweating more than my forehead on a hot sunny day.

"Okay, okay, it's just a party. Just a party." Filled with teenagers who dislike you.

What if Jenin was coming?

That thought finally dawned on me and anxiety gnawed at my stomach.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Days like these I appreciated having a brother like Ben. Who didn't really have a girlfriend, nor friends. He was always there.

"I don't know if I can do this." I groan, plopping onto the bed. "And this isn't what normal teenagers wear to parties Ben, I mean isn't it a little too dressy?"

"You can change." He suggests. "But it's okay to be different, to set an example."

I run a hand through my flat ironed hair.

"Does dad know you're going?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Great, don't let him know."

"What? Why? He'll kill me if I dont."

"Well, you won't be coming home tonight so."

"Uh, yes I will. Most likely thirty minutes after the party begins." He chuckles.

"We're spending the night at my new apartment."

"Your new apartment?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I spoke to you about it remember? We'll pack your stuff once we get back tomorrow, but I want you to—,"

"Ben. I said I wasn't sure if i was coming. You need your freedom."

"Morose, I am not leaving you here with these. . . Monsters. You think I don't know what the Audralic brothers are? And what they—,"

"How do you know about that?" I ask stunned beyond my own perception.

"Because I followed you and dad, I didn't intervene because I knew if I did you would get the blame for it."

"But Carla said you were—,"

"That's what I told her. When I realized she was trying to get me out of the house so bad for this meeting, I hung out at Mayson's house down the street for a bit until you came home, and then minutes later dads rushing down the street like a madman."

I was quiet, playing with my fingers as I averted my eyes.

"What happened?"