Chapter 3

I look at him confused and realized he introduced himself.
"Oh sorry... im Yang Yeomin."
He scratches his neck.
"Im so sorry about your phone..." i shake my head.
"Its ok. You didn't have to pay for it." He sighs.
"You can leave if you want. I'll come get the phone when it's ready." He nods and pauses, looking up at me with bright eyes.
"Can we walk around together?" I nod. That's a little weird to ask but he seems nice.
"That was weird... " I shake my head.
"It's ok. We should be friends. I'm new here so I don't know anyone." He smiles widely. "I can show you around!" I smile and nod. He excitedly bounces and says we should shop around. I nod and walk with him.
"Where did you come from?" I don't want to tell him Incase he calls the police. Even though they can't really do anything, better safe than sorry.
"I came from Jeju." He scrunches his eyebrows.
"You don't have a dialect." I nod.
"Uh I- stopped using it..." he nods and excitedly points to a store.
It begins to get dark so he suggests we eat. He grabs my arm and drags me.
"Do you like spicy food?" I nod. Spicy food is my favorite, although I don't at much.
"This place is realllyy spicy." He says. The more he talks the more I notice how soft spoken he is. It's really cute. He's still manly but when he speaks it's like talking to a man child. I giggle and he looks at me confused. I realize what I did and look ahead.

We sit at one of the tables and he orders extra spicy tteokbokki.
"Ah can I get an extra bowl of peppers?" Jungwoo asks. The woman nods and tells us it will be out shortly.
"Are you sure you can handle it?" I nod and smile. It's silent for a moment, but it's comfortable.
"Do you live far?" I sigh and look at him.
"I don't really live anywhere yet." He scrunches his eyebrows at me.
"I'm living in a hotel right now. I just moved here but I still need a job and a place to stay. I'll be viewing apartments in a few days." He nods.
"What's your favorite color?"  I guess he's trying to know me better.
"Yellow.. but not bright yellow. And soft pink."
"Favorite food?"
"Irrelevant. Pass."
"Favorite song?" As he asks the question our food comes out.
"Thank you." We say in unison. He begins to eat as I answer.
"I don't really listen to music." He practically chokes and sets his chopsticks down.
"What!?"  I look at him shocked. Why is he so weirded out?

Oh yeah... he doesn't know I'm an immigrant.
"I uh... have strict parents." He looks at me like I'm crazy.
"I have to take you to a concert or something..." I laugh and remember the one song I know besides the traditional North Korean music. I start to sing replay by SHINee. It's the only kpop song I know. He points at me and smiles.
"That's the only kpop song I know..." I laugh to him. He begins to eat and inhaled as the food is spicy. I look at the food for a bit before deciding it would be impolite not to eat. I take a bite and feel a little kick, but nothing too intense. It's tasty. I take a bite of the pepper and gag a little without him noticing. I quickly excuse myself.
"Excuse me. I'm going to use the restroom."
I wait until I'm out of his sight to start jogging to the restroom.

"Thanks for the food... and my phone." I say as we stand outside the restaurant. He nods with a smile.
"You wanted to be friends right?" I nod.
"Can I have your Kakao?" I realize that I don't have any social media.
"I don't have any social media..." I say quietly.
I realize that I was given a paper with my phone number on it when I got my phone.My eyes widen and I pull out the paper, handing it to him. He smiles to it and looks back at me.
"Do you want me to walk you home?" I shake my head.
"I don't want to inconvenience you. I need to make a couple stops anyway." He nods and puts his hands in his pockets as he shivers slightly.
"Well get home safely. It's cold and dark out so be careful." I nod and smile. We wave to each other and begin to part ways. I realize it's a little late so I hurry to the mobile store.
I see the man coming out of the store and I stop him.
"Sorry for the wait sir. Can I get my phone?" He nods and walks back in, grabbing an envelope and handing it to me." I bow as I take it. He locks the door and I begin to walk to the hotel.

As I dry my hair after my shower my phone goes off. I sit down on the bed and pick up my phone from the table next to the bed.

Unknown number
Are you home safely?