Chapter 6

About 5 days later Dimitri was at my door after dinner saying "get ready for a shopping trip with Lissa and be ready to leave in 20". I let him in saying "what's the catch?" locking the door behind me.

"Field test- get into something comfy. Oh, and here- make sure you can hide this" he handed me a stake.

"Seriously? You sure I'm ready?" I asked as I took it and started rifling through clothes trying to find the right ones.

"Here- this is good. Practical and cute. Now get dressed!" He threw an outfit at me with a smile on his face.

"Thanks comrade" I got changed in front of him.

"You're a tease."

"Speak for yourself!" We exited together and headed to the cars.

Once we were moving all the guardians dispensed real world knowledge and I took it all in. "You given her a stake yet Belikov?" Spiridon asked heartily.

"Yes, actually" Dimitri replied with a small smile, his face shone with pride.

"Seriously? She's hardly been back 3 months!"

"Yes. 7 hours of training a day will do that to a runaway novice."

"Hey!" I jabbed him in the ribs with my elbow.

"You're excelling despite your two year break- be proud. I was only stating facts."

"Name calling more like it" I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry Rose."

"Forgiven" was my immediate response.

"Reminds me of Sonya and Mikhail" Victor butted in.

"Who? What?" I asked.

"Sonya Karp and Mikhail Tanner."

"Oh. Them and that."

"Belikov who runs your training sessions with Rose? And how do you put up with her 46 hours a week? and that's not including the time you put in guarding her classes" Stan said from the front.

"I don't know who runs training- I think it's me- she's doing all the learning but is always asking for more and harder stuff. And as for 'putting up with her' Alto she's different when she's in her element- when she's training she shows her true colours. She truly is amazing and gifted."

"You saying she actually has a heart under that snarky attitude?"

"Yes."