Chapter Seven

Thad was finishing homework in the library when someone sat down across from him. He didn't question it, assuming it was Jeff or someone.

"I remember that class. Loads of busywork."

It took Thad a minute to realize who it was. He couldn't look up, he didn't want to stare at him. He nodded.

Connor chuckled. "You have Mr. Dahl, right?"

Thad nodded again. He didn't want to act like an idiot, so he wrote on a piece of paper and slid it across the table.

Lectures, lectures, lectures.

Connor laughed. "Yeah, lectures are definitely his specialty."

I wouldn't say his specialty, because that implies that he's good at them.

Connor laughed so hard that the librarian had to shush him. Thad smiled down at his paper.

For once, he was rather glad he was mute. It was harder to make a fool of himself when he had to thoroughly think through his words.

Connor rested his face on his hand, watching Thad concentrate before speaking up. "Actually, I was wondering, would you like to go to the Lima Bean sometime?"

Thad grinned down at his paper.

Does tomorrow at nine work for you?

Connor smiled. "It's a date. I'll see you then."

He stood up, exiting the library. Thad looked after him, his heart beating erratically.

A date.