Chapter Twenty-Four

Sitting on his bed Thad cleaning up Connor, exasperated. He was glad the dorm was empty.

'Why would you fight him?'

"You didn't hear what he said. A lot of it was about you."

'Connor, I've been getting nasty comments my whole life. Let me guess, the usual I forgot how to talk because nobody talks to me, the mentally crippled bit, and that I'm faking it?'

Connor's eyes widened. "You've been getting that stuff your whole life?"

'There's usually some racist comments mixed in with them. I remember once someone asked if I ate too many tacos to speak again, and I'm not even Mexican.'

"That's awful!"

'I have a thick skin. You clearly don't. He mentioned your dad a lot.'

"Yeah, I regret telling him some things. My dad... isn't the best."

'Well, duh, he's an alcoholic. Of course he isn't the best.'

Connor's eyes widened. "How did you know that?"

'Whenever you leave for the weekends, you come back smelling like alcohol and irritated about your dad. I'm not an idiot.'

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you figured it out. You're one of the smartest people I know."

Thad blushed at the compliment, distracting himself by icing one of Connor's bruises.

"How bad is it?"

'It's kinda hot, actually.'

Connor grinned. "So was what you did back there. I mean, backing him up into a corner with his own knife? You've surpassed plain old sexy."

Thad blushed, leaning in to kiss him. Connor returned the kiss enthusiastically.

They had kissed a while when Thad's tongue carefully swirled against Connor's bottom lip. He immediately responded, opening his mouth.

It was one thing to have your tongue in your own mouth... it was another to have it in someone else's.

Connor could feel the rough patches on the inside of Thad's mouth where he bit his lip or cheek nervously. Thad could run his tongue along Connor's entire lip piercing.

Thad tossed aside the ice pack, setting his hand on Connor's hip and deepening the kiss.

That's when Connor began to get a bit nervous and excited. This was uncharted territory for him.

He pushed Thad back onto the bed, not breaking the kiss.

Thad's grip on his hip got a bit tighter, and he realized something.

Thad didn't have a way to tell him to stop.

He hated to ruin the moment, but he broke the kiss. "Wait. It's just, what will you do if you want to stop, or need a break?"

Thad honestly couldn't believe it. He didn't even think of it, but Connor did.

He's pretty sure he's in love.

'Three taps?'

Connor nodded. "Okay. Now," he smiled mischievously. "Where were we?"