Chapter Twenty-Eight

Connor had gone home for the weekend so Thad was alone in the library, reading. It was completely empty; most people were gone for the weekend.

"Can I talk to you?"

Thad sighed, pulling out a piece of paper.

No.

"I need to apologize."

Yeah, you do. I just don't want to hear it. Now fuck off.

"I suppose I deserve that. But since you're listening, I'm going to apologize anyway."

Thad didn't reply.

"I was jealous. I know that's not a good excuse, that I still had no right to do what I did. I guess I was just... I don't know, I lost my head. I was losing my best friend, and he was dating you."

Thad couldn't help but ask.

Who were you jealous of?

"Him."

Without asking, without even giving him a single warning, he grabbed Thad's tie. He pulled him closer to himself, kissing him.

Thad's eyes were wide in shock and horror, and he tried to pull away.

Eventually Evan let go of him, and he fell back in his seat like a rag doll. His face was a mixture of fear, horror, and anger.

"Tell your precious little boyfriend to get out of my way. Shoot himself, move, I don't care," he hissed, standing up and leaving.

Thad stared after him, eyes watering. He slowly raised a hand to cover his mouth, tears falling.

What just happened?