〔🌳〕izuku ; national anthem

-In which Izuku is a famous hero and has a buttload of money. He treats (Y/N) like a Goddess but she still thinks that he doesn't love her enough-

Note - All text that is in italics is NOT mine! It is the lyrics from the song above! I highly suggest listening to it while reading.

-----

Your quirk in this is Freeze - The user is able to freeze a moving object for up to ten minutes. The object or person knows what is going on throughout the experience. They cannot feel anything though.

-----

" I'm your National Anthem, God, you're so handsome "

I look at his green eyes that were focused on the road in front of him. His hand on the wheel, nudging it one way to the other very gently.

"Take me to the Hamptons Bugatti Veyron"

My eyes trailed down to my hands that were on my legs. The expensive jewelry sparkled in the sunlight that made its way through the tinted windows.

"He loves to romance 'em, reckless abandon, hold me for ransom, upper echelon"

I remembered that a while ago at a class meet-up Deku was talking with some of the girls from the class. He made me pass out the food and drinks. Halfway through the night, I found myself sitting on the stairs of his house, rain pouring down from the sky and my makeup getting smudged.

The best part of that night was probably when Iida came outside to comfort me.

"He says to "be cool" but, I don't know how yet, wind in my hair"

Earlier, before the party, Deku told me to 'be cool' Because he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of his old friends.

"Hand on the back of my neck"

Right after he told me that, he kissed me and put his hand on my neck, only to get separated by the fact that the guests were starting to arrive. He simply told me to get the food and drinks ready after that situation. He didn't even bother to smile after it.

"I said, can we party later on, he said, yes"

I was the one that wanted the party to happen. All because I wanted to meet his old classmates that he talked so highly of.

"Tell me I'm your National Anthem (Ooh yeah baby bow down, makin' me so wild now)
Tell me I'm your National Anthem (Sugar sugar, how now, take your body downtown)"

My thoughts got interrupted as I heard the engines of his car stop. He looked at me and smiled. "A few of my old friends are here, and I decided that this is where we could take our vacation." I returned the smile and got out of the car, a slight breeze blowing through my hair.

I wish that he didn't choose this place. A tear slid down my cheek, and then another. I took my hat and positioned it so it would cover my face.

Turns out that "a few of my old friends" means your entire class.

"Red, white, blue's in the skies, summer's in the air and baby, heaven's in your eyes
I'm your National Anthem"

The entire 1-A class was waiting at the door for you two. Deku smiled at all of them and you just followed. You felt someone touch your arm and you jerked back, freezing the girl that was touching you. The hat that you were wearing fell off with the sudden motion and revealed your tear stained cheeks to everyone. Deku looked back at you and rushed over to stop you. I saw fear in his eyes, and I realized what I did. I ran to the room that we were sharing.

"Money is the reason we exist
Everybody knows it, it's a fact-kiss, kiss"

When I was sixteen, my mom told me to marry a rich man so you could get what you needed. She burned those words into my mind so I wouldn't forget about them.

"I sing the National Anthem
While I'm standing over your body hold you like a python"

Everyone at the place that we were staying wanted me to sing for them. I went onto the stage and sneezed quietly into my arm. It got the attention of a man with fluffy hair. I walked up to the mic and tapped it gently, making sure I could get everyone's attention. I started to speak. "I'm (Y/N), you may have seen me before, but we probably didn't talk to each other. " My mind was whirring with the images of that night. I was fighting back tears. "I just want to say that Deku, I'm your National Anthem. You should respect me and treat me like an actual human. Not some sort of freak like you did the night of the party. I was the one that wanted to meet everyone from your class, but you just decided to treat me like some sort of servant. I'm not your servant. I'm your girlfriend for crying out loud. " I Stopped for a moment to wipe the tears that were falling from my eyes. "I dressed my very best that night, only to find myself getting that dress ripped and stained as I sat on the steps of our house with my face looking like it just survived a nuclear bomb. You didn't even try looking for me." I saw a few people look at him with a glare. My knees were weak. Then they hit the floor. A pair of arms wrapped around my body, and then I felt the warmth of tears on my forehead. "I never realized that you left. I thought that you needed some space, " he said, choking on his tears.

"You are my National Anthem, and you should never forget that."

"And you can't keep your hands off me, or your pants on
See what you've done to me give me Chevron"

Then all of the good memories hit me. Like the first time that we did it together, the day he bought me the sweater that I had always wanted. I still have that sweater. I wear it every time that it gets washed and dried.

"You said to "be cool" but, I'm already coolest
I said to get real, don't you know who you're dealing with?"

I also remember the first argument that we had. It was about him not being home on time anymore. I slapped him multiple times and regretted it immediately.

Then the second argument that we had. He got into a fight with a villain that ended up hospitalizing him. I told him to think of possibly retiring, even though he was only twenty-three when that happened. He told me that I was crazy and that he would never quit doing what he loved.

"Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds"

I looked at the bracelet on my wrist and I smiled.

We're both each other's national anthems.

-----

Words - 1167

Edited - March 24th, 2019