Chapter Twenty-Seven

XXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Twenty-Seven

XXXXXXXXXXX

Camila bites her lip as pain shoots through her leg, she was standing in front of everyone on the boat. "Land is safe, but we need to travel to a community I helped build."

"Since when has land been safe?" Sam narrowed his eyes, his arms wrapped around Quinn.

"Two years." Camila says softly, looking around her people.

"What?!"

The crowd began chatting among themselves, wondering why they'd been stuck here for longer than necessary.

"I didn't come right away because there was a war and I needed the place to be safe." the brown eyed warrior says calmly.

The crowd didn't hear Camila, still talking among themselves.

"Enough!" Camila yells over them.

The crowd fell silent.

"Pack your things, I'm driving this boat to our new home." Camila says calmly.

The crowd looked at Camila before beginning to leave the deck.

Slowly, Camila limps her way to the captain's port.

The kids were all sitting in the room.

"Alright, it will take a month at most to reach the community." Camila says softly, looking around the room at her kids and the girls.

"Community? What community?" Paisley asked.

Camila frowns and looks at her daughter. "Weren't you there when I explained?"

"No." Paisley shook her head. "I was watching Hollie."

"We are leaving to go live with a community I built." Camila says softly before explaining everything again.

Paisley frowned. "I don't think we should go anywhere."

"Why not?" Camila asks softly, shifting uncomfortably.

"It's dangerous out there. The bad things... they can't get to us here." Paisley said.

"The bad things are gone." Camila promises, looking around at her family.

"Really?" Paisley narrowed her eyes.

Camila nods her head and sends Paisley a soft smile.

Paisley looked down at Hollie and sighed. She pushed her fingers through her hair.

****

Sighing, Camila stops the ship for the night, leaning back in her seat and rubbing her face, she flinched when a warm hand touched her shoulder.

"Relax, It's just me." Octavia said.

Taking a deep breath, Camila drops her hands and looks up at Octavia. "Sorry, wasn't expecting you to be there."

Octavia shrugged. "Yeah."

"What's up?" the younger girl asks, tilting her head to the side.

A soft gasp escaping her lips when Octavia straddles her hips.

"Nothing, I just thought I'd come and see if you were okay." Octavia said with a shrug.

Wrapping her arms around Octavia's waist, Camila leans up and kisses her passionately.

Octavia kissed her softly before pulling away. "Bellamy would like you to help him with his homework."

Pouting, Camila looks up at her tiredly. "But I'm sleepy."