Kaminari - Way Too Many Puns

Not a request.

Quirk: Water. Allows user to draw in particles from the air to create water. User can create wings made of water, which are useable. The Quirk is similar to the power of Lapis from Steven Universe.

815 words.

***

"Your Quirks are complete opposites," Uraraka states.

I just told my friends that I like Kaminari. I regret it already.

"Not complete opposite," I protest. "A Quirk like Todoroki's would be the opposite of mine. Also, what does that have to do with my situation?"

"Nothing." Midoriya defends Uraraka. "It's just an observation."

"I know," I say apologetically. "I just need help here, goddamnit!"

"Knowing Kaminari, he probably likes you too," Jirou says, twirling her earphone jack.

"Okay, so how do I tell him?"

"Considering it's Kaminari, you'll have to be blunt. He'll probably think you're teasing if you just flirt with him," Yaomomo states, putting her hand to her chin.

"True. I'll have to be as direct as possible. Thanks guys!"

I walk off to find Kaminari.

-magical time skip brought to you by YEE-

"Kaminari?"

"Yeah?" He turns towards me.

"I wanna tell you something very important. It means a lot to me, so don't laugh."

"I can't make any promises," he chuckles. I glare at him. "Alright, I promise I won't laugh."

"Thank you." I take a deep breath. "I like you. Trying to flirt with you didn't work out to well, so I have to be blunt about it. I like your smile, your sense of humour, and your eyes. I like how you get really stupid when you overuse your Quirk. I like the little lightning streak in your hair. I like you." I look at the ground, my entire face bright red.

"I like you too." I look up at him in shock. "I don't have a big speech like you did, but I like everything about you. I think we'd make a great couple, L/N, especially considering our powers don't mix. You're so thoughtful and I admire you for that. You're a great hero, and I know you can easily surpass me. So, will someone as great as yourself go out with me?"

"Of course!" I scream excitedly. He laughs at my sudden burst of energy.

-magical time skip brought to you by Pikachu-

Ok, so we're going on an actual date soon and I'm freaking out. I'm in Aoyama's room with a bunch of our female classmates, deciding what I should wear.

"Why is it taking so long?" I whine. "Does it matter what I wear?"

"Of course it does!" Hagakure scolds. "It's your first date! You have to impress him!"

"It's been 2 hours! I wanna go back to my dorm and get ready myself!"

I walk out, trying to keep calm. I don't look where I'm going and bump into Bakugou.

"The fuck are doing walking out of glitter boy's room? Don't you have a date with Sparky?"

"The girls wanted me to get ready in there. They didn't really help, so I'm going to get ready myself."

As I try to leave, Bakugou pulls me into yet another room. This time, instead of a bunch of girls, a few of our male classmates are in there. I notice it's Sero's room.

"Put this on!" Kirishima says, throwing a bundle of clothes at me. "Change in the bathroom!"

I nod, entering the bathroom that came with the dorm. I change quickly. I really like the outfit. It's a yellow dress shirt and a pair of jeans. Along with those, there's a Pikachu hoodie. I walk out feeling a lot more nervous than I did before.

"Is this some way of making fun of him?"

"No," Sero reassures me. "You'll get it when you see him. He's going to come get you soon, so get to your dorm quickly."

I rush to my dorm and pick up everything I would need: phone; keys; wallet. I hear a knock on my door and I'm not surprised by what I see when I open it. Kaminari stands there wearing a Squirtle hoodie with a blue shirt and jeans.

"I get it now," he laughs.

"Haha, yeah. Shall we go?"

"Yeah, let's do that."

We go to a restaurant for dinner. Mind you, it's McDonalds, but it was nice nonetheless. We then go to watch a movie (Detective Pikachu) which was so good. After the movie, we go for a walk at the beach nearby.

"I had fun tonight," I say.

"Me too." Kaminari grabs my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I feel heat rush to my face as I look at the ground.

We continue walking in a comfortable silence and just enjoy each other's company. After a while, we head back to the dorms. Kaminari walks me to my room.

"Thank you for tonight," he says. "I can't think of a better way to have spent it."

He leans in and presses his lips against mine, shocking me with electricity. When I start to feel weightless, he pulls away and takes me into his arms for a tight embrace.

"I should be thanking you, Denki."